Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Simon Jordan totally schooling Paul "Why is that" (the esk). Particularly liked him shooting down a independent board member is useless and Bill only has certain authority as Chairnan before the money men take over
I thought Paul made a show of them to be honest, Prenno….I mean Toff33Blues99.

Why did Jim jump in quick with the inane off topic “excited about the new stadium” change the subject question, If they were schooling him?

I thought Paul made a show of them to be honest, Prenno….I mean Toff33Blues99.

Why did Jim jump in quick with the inane off topic “excited about the new stadium” change the subject question, If they were schooling him?

Have you never listened to Jim White? He does similar banal question to every interview. Doesn't escape the fact Paul came on hoping to impress Jordan and got hit for 6

Simon Jordan totally schooling Paul "Why is that" (the esk). Particularly liked him shooting down a independent board member is useless and Bill only has certain authority as Chairnan before the money men take over

Yeah, was caught out with that one. Could be wrong but no club in the league has an independent board member who has power to "control" or influence an owner etc.

The closest you'd get is the having fan-owned majority stakes in a club like Dortmund which is unheard of in top flight English football.

Bottom line and always has been, thrown his money at the wrong people. He's made very bad business decisions in who he has employed around him.

Case always comes back to the people around him such as Bill who have just leeched from it all.

I agree that summer should have been the turning point and while we did in fact shore up the defence, we Weakened the attack and still need someone who can put the bloody ball in the net.…
It was the second chance we had after getti kg Carlo to really stabilise the club. The club had the chance to behave like a normal club. Sell the average player for silly money whilst it is being offered (good luck getting half that for Gordon now), invest in players the manager wants and finally balance the squad.

But no.
Everton.

Simon Jordon has been and was again today pretty scathing of Moshiri, and critical of a board ("I dont think they've got the most progressive, forward thinking board") but he'll then look to pick holes in critique over that same board. talkSPORT will always seek to agitate and play devils advocate.

Its saddens me a bit that the club is the dirty washing they're loving to see aired.

Yeah, was caught out with that one. Could be wrong but no club in the league has an independent board member who has power to "control" or influence an owner etc.

The closest you'd get is the having fan-owned majority stakes in a club like Dortmund which is unheard of in top flight English football.

Bottom line and always has been, thrown his money at the wrong people. He's made very bad business decisions in who he has employed around him.

Case always comes back to the people around him such as Bill who have just leeched from it all.

If I could dish out ¾ likes I would. Said it before , Moshiri likes Bill and I would hate to see how bad we are under FM without Bill's help

If I could dish out ¾ likes I would. Said it before , Moshiri likes Bill and I would hate to see how bad we are under FM without Bill's help

Mosh isn't a football man, he's an accountant with lots of money and likes it as a hobby. Bill isn't a football man either, he's a theatre lovey who got lucky with David Moyes.

Combine the two, you have a theatrical love affair rather than hard-nosed business men who don't want to be fleeced.

Simon Jordan belongs in that bracket too. Flamboyant entrepreneurs who don't really care money is pissed up the wall. Palace fans will attest to that

Last edited:

I've just remembered that the Moshman has actually made 2 board appointments himself. Ryantsaev who was CFO at a time where we just burned money without a second thought and that Usmanovs nephew who sparked a bird out (allegedly) and nearly ran the everton womens team into the ground. Thank god we are focusing on removing the board with these protests so he can get some proper people in

Simon Jordon has been and was again today pretty scathing of Moshiri, and critical of a board ("I dont think they've got the most progressive, forward thinking board") but he'll then look to pick holes in critique over that same board. talkSPORT will always seek to agitate and play devils advocate.

Its saddens me a bit that the club is the dirty washing they're loving to see aired.

I always got the feeling he was paly with Bill - but could be wrong, seemed to twist the knife into Moshiri from the little bit i read - but i didn't hear all the broadcast to be fair.

But agree, its a poor reflection on the institution legitimising the Simon Jordans etc of this world by giving them access to the hierarchy of the club.

Today is a PR and reputation disaster that does nothing to empower the club in any way, in fact we just created more divisions.

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back