Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
A rather sinister article. I wonder who are those managers ,interviewed for the job now making the claims.
I wonder why the Guardian are making a story of it.
Seems a lot of folk are lining up to put the boot in now that we're struggling.
Thing is what managers, as it appears like we only ever used to.speak too one at a time, like when Farhad got tunnel vision for Silva

Just read that and it is so much meh. No direct link = no problem. When Russia comes back in from the fold and the dirty money starts flowing, I can guarantee no one will care.
That will be decades away, saying that though it appears Russia are selling stuff like oil to countries like India and India sell it to the UK, so one way or the other money will flow again

Defend him for what? The way he ran the club until about 6 years ago when he sold it to the man who is responsible for this mess?
I agree that he cannot be held responsible for Moshiri but if he has no accountability or responsibility why is he still there six years later? He has either sold Moshiri that he is the best person for the role, or it is a contractual stipulation made by Bill. Either way that was Bill’s request. That aside, in his judgment Bill decided to sell to a person (or people) that wanted control of Arsenal who completely rebuffed their advance for being unfit to own them - this should have had alarm bells ringing. So Bill has either wanted to remain relevant OR he has exercised really poor judgment. The root cause to a large extent is on him. He has provided Moshiri the gun and the bullets.

I agree, I wish he hadn't of sold too him, he should of stayed as owner, it's only now we can actually see for certain he was doing a good job of it by keeping us well away from situations like this.
Fans wanted him to sell, when we should of wanted him to not sell

We didn't realise how good we had it under Bill.

I agree that he cannot be held responsible for Moshiri but if he has no accountability or responsibility why is he still there six years later? He has either sold Moshiri that he is the best person for the role, or it is a contractual stipulation made by Bill. Either way that was Bill’s request. That aside, in his judgment Bill decided to sell to a person (or people) that wanted control of Arsenal who completely rebuffed their advance for being unfit to own them - this should have had alarm bells ringing. So Bill has either wanted to remain relevant OR he has exercised really poor judgment. The root cause to a large extent is on him. He has provided Moshiri the gun and the bullets.
I.just wish he would step down now, regardless of historical blame we have to find a way out of this, he isn't going to fix it but I fear Farhad won't either

Usually when a club is took over and the villain owners are ousted that is the end of the nightmare for the fans , not us though of course we have to be different and it always follows the same pattern a year or so of optimism with Johnson it was the fa cup win ,top 6 finish, park end rebuild moshiri European finish , millions spent on transfers big name manager appointment ,before it all comes crashing down how is it even possible to have 3 consecutively crap owners spread over nearly 30 years !

A rather sinister article. I wonder who are those managers ,interviewed for the job now making the claims.
I wonder why the Guardian are making a story of it.
Seems a lot of folk are lining up to put the boot in now that we're struggling.
Big story given we have been in the top division for about 70 years. The media love a big downfall. They will be all over every possible angle

I.just wish he would step down now, regardless of historical blame we have to find a way out of this, he isn't going to fix it but I fear Farhad won't either
Yes I agree there mate. All events in history have roots, some direct and some indirect. Whilst Kenwright has directly and indirectly influenced (intentionally or unintentionally) where we are currently, basically USM have made a mess of owning this football club. BK did genuinely not look well the other day…I just hope he relaxes his saviour complex, and resigns his position because this owner thinks that being ‘local’ is the key to a successful Board of Directors.

Being the worst thing to happen before Moshiri is fine, when you consider we were miles ahead of were Moshiri currently has us.
Yeah those top 6 finishes were so depressing
We were miles ahead for sure of the current desperate situation. But at the same time we once brought out an end of season video called the Magnificent 7th. There is no way in the world that clubs we considered our peers for many many decades would have pedaled that to their fans. Embarrassing and a direct insult to NSNO. That is how far we have fallen since the inception of the PL, nearly all of which has been on BKs watch, and includes rumours of him turning away potential ownership such as the Abu Dhabi group (that has transformed City), failing to conclude a deal with NTL that most other big clubs signed, plus the opportunity of a lifetime to build a super stadium on the Kings Dock. Along the way he also tried to convince us that moving to Kirkby was in the best interests of the club - it would have been the end of Everton and a surrender of the city to S****e FC. Throw in selling the family silver with Rooney and this had been coming once Moshiri played Russian roulette with his Uzbeki mate in the background. I don't blame BK for not being rich enough. But I do blame him for allowing a culture of accepting bang average to gradually fester into what we have become now.....an embarrassment and a shadow of a former British footballing giant....

I see, so let's get this right, the club is in the biggest mess it's been in everyone's living memory but the person to.blame is the previous owner, who sold up six years ago, when nothing like this ever happened when he owned the club and we often came top 6, top 5....etc
Meanwhile it's not the fault of the absent owner who hasn't set foot in Goodison once under the current manger, rang Talk Sport last week.blaming fans and is currently being exposed in the national press for being a oligarchs bag man.
I stand corrected
Of course it is partly the fault of the Iranian madman, but Kenwright is culpable as well, he is a serial liar and he has, with his accusations of assault on the DOF and death threats to himself, conveniently leaked to the media by 'a club insider' , caused a rift between the club and the fans which will prove very difficult to repair.

If you really do believe Kenwright is an honourable man and a good Evertonian I pity you. Mind you, I think that really you are well aware of what he is and just enjoy the wind up.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back