Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Like I said ... we don't look attractive to any investors after all that media attention whether it true or not.

This is the Everton way.

Strategic target for Everton Football Club was to be a top level champions league club fighting for honours.

Outcome: Almost certain relegation from the PL.

Strategic target for the fan groups was to force resignations at board level and get Moshiri to sell.

Outcome: The whole fanbase is tarred with being troublemakers, media sympathy is with the victimised directors and they've increased the likelihood of Moshiri staying in charge (who was desperate to go) by further devaluing the club to the point he would have to finish the stadium and take us back in to the PL to get anywhere near what he would want to get out.

People should have learnt by now what was going to happen. The thing furthest from the desired intended result usually.

It’s true that he’s poured hundreds of millions of Pounds into our club and it’s true that no one could ever have predicted that managers with such pedigree would do so badly for us.

As someone else has mentioned, we were in the relegation zone when Koeman was in charge and he’s the Barcelona manager! Managers of Belgium, England and CL winners like Benitez and Ancelotti were also unimpressive.

I don’t like to blame us fans, but frankly these days we don’t get behind our players like other fanbases do. Week in week out we abuse our own players. What the Watford goalie Ben Foster said about us fans helping the opposition is right. The one time we got behind our players we went on a winning run and stayed up.

It wasn't his money though was it? He was just the front

It’s not as black and white as some are making out in my opinion.

He brought Koeman in when Koemans stock was pretty high. There was talk of him going to a Arsenal at that point ahd he’d just led Southampton to their best 2 premier league finishes.

He brought in the best manager in the world Carlo Ancelotti. It didn’t work out quite as planned and there was no way he was staying when Madrid came knocking.

Silva was rated as a young bright manager, but again typical Everton it all went bent.

Money has been put in, whether it was his or not. Yes some shocking luck and some shocking buys as well.

Bolasie, Mina, Delph, Tosun as examples. All players who came with high fees or wages, but pretty much have had their careers ended at Everton. We have had some appalling luck in player acquisition and some garbage has been bought as well.

A lot of very awful business decisions have been made, but the overall feel was that a Kenwright was still pulling a lot of strings in the set up.

If he has had enough, then let’s hope he does the decent thing and sells up, so new owners can come in and give us some optimism to get straight back up in time for BMD opening.

League position is (hopefully) temporary. The reputation Everton gave painted of its fans will last much longer.
Its an interesting point. How is Moshiri declaring war on the fans conducive to selling the club (which apparently is what he wants)?

Investors will view the fanbase as uncontrollable lunatics.

He was the front, but what is even worse is he also acts like it was his money, hence the bitterness and aggression towards the fans
Here’s the thing with the bitterness, nobody has any problem with the amount of money that’s been pumped in wherever it’s been from, in fact most will say it’s a very healthy amount.

The problem is the inept hiring of leadership staff and terrible investment in the squad.

Our ownership is the equivalent of me telling my Mrs she doesn’t have to work and I’ll take care of all our financial needs. Then buying a huge house for us right where she wants to live which we’ll move into soon. Only problem is, in the meantime, rather than buy groceries to keep us going I’ve bought only spam and lucozade and rotten fruit for three times our old food bill. I’ve also filled our existing house with snakes and spiders and trained our dog to take weekly poos in the middle of the lounge, sometimes twice weekly if scheduling dictates.
There is also a great fear that I will bring these snakes, spiders and faeces to the new house.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back