Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
Considering the current owner has got us into the financial mess we’re in, a bit of frugality and sensibility is needed to get us out of it
Agree, frugality and sensibility, two words to describe the Kenwright era, stability is my favourite
Wonderful just what we need to meet the fanbases expectations of being a top side - a group that barely spends anything.

Back to the days of Kenwright ere we come !
Playing in Europe, players like Stones and Lukaku, bring it on

all this hasn’t half drained any hopes i had about seeing everton win anything again. I used to fume that we hadn’t won anything in ages but these past few years of wasting money ,kenwright and how he’s turned us into a small club and all this ffp nonsense made me realise that the game has changed now and clubs like us will always be fighting a uphill battle to have any success so no point in getting worked up over it any more

He pays Bill 1million a year to run the club.

Hows that job going?

Hes either an absent owner.

Or he calls the shots.

You really cant have it both ways.

When was the last time Kenwright attended a game by the way?
Moshiri and Kenwright were last seen at a game at West Ham away.
The last time Moshiri was at Goodison was for the 2-5 shellacking we got by Watford... last season !!
Kenwright and the rest of the board were last in attendance at Goodison 1-4 spanking by Brighton on Jan 3rd.

The op's question is a matter of deciding how far you want to travel back. There's no doubt Everton not being able to compete in European competition after Heysel certainly set us back somewhat. You could argue that Everton was set adrift from the big players when the sky premiership league was founded shortly after this. Then there was the era of Kenwright, very much a time of managed decline and reduced expectations. Up until this point, questionable decisions were made on and off the field.

However in my opinion the Moshiri legacy will always be remembered for being an absolute s*** show of the highest order and here's why:

There are clear divisions in the boardroom, all members of which haven't been to a game in god knows how long!

Impulsive player purchases of over-priced, second-rate talent the likes of which have been incredibly difficult to get off our books.

An impressive collection of managers dismissed and paid extortionate amounts of money in compensation.

A flagrant disregard for financial fair play rules and regulations.

The recent fire sale of all our best players and young talent and replacing them with dirge!!!

The relegation fights for the last two seasons.

So for me, it's deffo the MOSH era all the way.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back