7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
Feel for the guy really

Spent alot with 0 return just wasted money must be hard sleeping at night
What you feel for him?? It's his own fault, if I'm going to spend 100's of millions on an organisation I know little about I need to make sure I put people in place that understand both the market and organisation better than I do. If I fail to do that then i deserve everything I get. Not sure why he gets any sympathy.

No one’s arsed if he turns up or not - the owner of Enic, barely turns up to Spurs….it’s down to Levy to oversee the day to day operations. He just needs to oversee things properly which I agree he does not
Yeah but Levy seems to.do everything, this is the problem with Moshiri, he did stuff when he wanted and not always for the good of the team or with the teams best interest on his mind.

What you feel for him?? It's his own fault, if I'm going to spend 100's of millions on an organisation I know little about I need to make sure I put people in place that understand both the market and organisation better than I do. If I fail to do that then i deserve everything I get. Not sure why he gets any sympathy.

If he was a Kenwright/Ashley/Glazer type owner I would agree but he's at least tried making a go of it and to push us into the elite it just hasn't worked out.

Add in he's pretty much funded BMD himself at this stage he deserves a level of respect I feel he doesn't get from the wider fanbase.

Sometimes you try and you fail such is life.

If he was a Kenwright/Ashley/Glazer type owner I would agree but he's at least tried making a go of it and to push us into the elite it just hasn't worked out.

Add in he's pretty much funded BMD himself at this stage he deserves a level of respect I feel he doesn't get from the wider fanbase.

The fact he’s funded the stadium himself before he’s sorted out any sort of finance for it just proves how much of an amateur he is.

So because he's burned through 100's of millions with good intentions we should ignore his incompetence?? I don't believe it just hasn't worked out, his ineptitude and ego has allowed what was a good opportunity to close the gap on the top 6 and turned it in to relegation battles instead. It's worse than just not trying, it's down right incompetence!

Question for you mate and your of course welcome to an opinion that differs from mine, but where do you draw the line? At what point is the damage he has done to much for you??

There is a reason that the Arsenal board didn't want him or his master anywhere near the real decisions of Arsenal.

IMG_2541.webp
IMG_2539.webp
IMG_2537.webp
IMG_2536.webp
IMG_2535.webp
IMG_2538.webp

So because he's burned through 100's of millions with good intentions we should ignore his incompetence?? I don't believe it just hasn't worked out, his ineptitude and ego has allowed what was a good opportunity to close the gap on the top 6 and turned it in to relegation battles instead. It's worse than just not trying, it's down right incompetence!

Question for you mate and your of course welcome to an opinion that differs from mine, but where do you draw the line? At what point is the damage he has done to much for you??

There is a reason that the Arsenal board didn't want him or his master anywhere near the real decisions of Arsenal.

I wouldn't say egnore his failures but you can still praise the positives he's also brought to the table.

If the Glazers owned us then BMD would be a £500m bank loan tied around the clubs neck and if Ashley owned us BMD wouldn't be happening and Goodison would be called the Sports Direct Stadium.

I wouldn't say egnore his failures but you can still praise the positives he's also brought to the table.

If the Glazers owned us then BMD would be a £500m bank loan tied around the clubs neck and if Ashley owned us BMD wouldn't be happening and Goodison would be called the Sports Direct Stadium.
The positives begin and end with the stadium, and I will hold my hands up and say that Moshiri turning it in to reality is something that he deserves credit for.

But that's where the positives end, there are no others. And in response to the only positive the stadium. When Moshiri bought the club, the only way he was 1. Going to compete & 2. Add value and make us saleable moving forward was to address the albatros that is Goodison Park. The stadium was an absolute requirement and in his interests to address. The stadium is the only way this club is worth anything moving forward.

Hindsight is a brilliant thing, and a fuzzy memory does not help, but no one at the time the PL started had a clue about the riches it would generate nearly 30 years later. Pre internet dont forget. The concept of owning a football club for actual profit was an alien one. But, again with hindsight, out of the founding 5, Everton were the least glamourous, even then.

The owners of United, for example, (local business family, the Edwards), nearly sold the club to Michael Knighton for £10m, not for profit, but cos they were fed up with the grief. Fast forward, Glazers selling for £6 Billion. For profit. After 18 years of grief.
Sorry, but I disagree. People did understand (those in the know, at least) how much money the Premier League would generate because that is the reason it was created in the first place. Once satellite and cable TV came about and the comfortable duopoly of the BBC and ITV was over it was always going to be a gold rush. The huge take up uptake of satellite and cable drove the whole thing. One fed the other. Anybody with business savvy knew that.

Hard to fault him for putting so much money in. Seems a bit out of his depth with long term thinking and planning. Seems to lack that cut-throat business acumen you'd expect to see at his wealth level.

If he can become a billionaire there's hope for us all I suppose

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back