Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
They deserve praise for actually getting the ball rolling as such but that's all imo, they failed to establish financing for it and thus it's caused chaos to our day to day running costs and a huge part of it still needs paying for.
Exactly.

I wouldn't go lavishing them with praise just yet seen as the thing still isn't paid for and may end up being a massive noose around our neck.

Given the huge amount of debt we have, and the requirement for another £200-£250m to finish it, we might not be financially better off in the short to medium term due to the cost of servicing all the debt.

Exactly.

I wouldn't go lavishing them with praise just yet seen as the thing still isn't paid for and may end up being a massive noose around our neck.

Given the huge amount of debt we have, and the requirement for another £200-£250m to finish it, we might not be financially better off in the short to medium term due to the cost of servicing all the debt.

It'll pay for its self. Getting the finance to get it built was the biggest challenge and they did it. Quite remarkable really and I'll always be thankful for that.

I don’t want it,happy to stay at the old lady,various pubs,chippys,character and tradition
Fair enough. It will be a wrench to leave but without massive redevelopment of GP we had to move - and BMD looks absolutely fantastic. There are afew factors that have affected the build - not least the war in Ukraine - but I'm confident it will be a huge success if we can keep the loansharks at bay.

It'll pay for its self. Getting the finance to get it built was the biggest challenge and they did it. Quite remarkable really and I'll always be thankful for that.
Do you have the maths to back that up like? I've seen estimates of around 30mil a year increased revenue, lord knows where I read that, so even interest free (which it isn't) it'll take well over 20 years without any of the increased expenses and upkeep factored in. The reality is it will take a long long time to pay off.

Fair enough. It will be a wrench to leave but without massive redevelopment of GP we had to move - and BMD looks absolutely fantastic. There are afew factors that have affected the build - not least the war in Ukraine - but I'm confident it will be a huge success if we can keep the loansharks at bay.
good for you,I’ve been going to Goodison for over 50 years,so will be a massive wrench for me to leave,but a genuinely despise the way the games gone,all this money,an corrupt sky controlled match outcomes,favouring their top earners.
As we’re not one of their favourites,we could very easily end up plummeting down the leagues,an never recovering,playing in a soulless stadium that we don’t even own.
You wouldn’t think I’m a glass half full lid 😁

Over how long will paying for itself take ?

And take away Moshiri - who originally only intended to act as security - paying for it... what finance did he/AU get ?

Well for a start we're going to get close to what we get from goodison in revenue for a year in about 2 games. Naming rights (think it's 200 cruise ships will go past it a year making it attractive to so many suitors). Events outside of football (concerts, it has 7 changing rooms so can't confirm what else it's going to be used for). The fan zone has also got permission to be used for outdoor events like the waterfront giggs.

Even if it takes a while to pay off, the benefits completely outweigh staying at goodison and will not leave us in the red at all.

The finance isn't something I can comment on, but if you're worried speak to anyone who works for Llaings and they'll confirm it's fully accounted for.

Or just ask your mate Esk, he'll give you some incredibly wrong but negative financial assumptions.

Do you have the maths to back that up like? I've seen estimates of around 30mil a year increased revenue, lord knows where I read that, so even interest free (which it isn't) it'll take well over 20 years without any of the increased expenses and upkeep factored in. The reality is it will take a long long time to pay off.

Match day revenue is the tip of the ice burg.

Well for a start we're going to get close to what we get from goodison in revenue for a year in about 2 games. Naming rights (think it's 200 cruise ships will go past it a year making it attractive to so many suitors). Events outside of football (concerts, it has 7 changing rooms so can't confirm what else it's going to be used for). The fan zone has also got permission to be used for outdoor events like the waterfront giggs.

Even if it takes a while to pay off, the benefits completely outweigh staying at goodison and will not leave us in the red at all.

The finance isn't something I can comment on, but if you're worried speak to anyone who works for Llaings and they'll confirm it's fully accounted for.

Or just ask your mate Esk, he'll give you some incredibly wrong but negative financial assumptions.
wouldn’t be betting on the concerts mate liverpool always gets jibbed for
manchester on most big tours

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back