Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
The press guys I know all think Roberto will be fired at season end but the one person I know who is close to Bill insists he is staying.

The press are getting briefed from inside the club but not by Bill. Presumably Esk has similar contacts. Perhaps James Corbett has a contact close to Bill? Perhaps he is just taking the path less trodden because he will look like a genius if Bill turns out to be Bill and still in control?

The same Bill contact says WHP will be quietly binned over the summer and that we are unlikely to do anything on the ground soon, not least because we are pushing for a more central location. He didn't suggest it wasn't a priority, just not imminent.

FWIW I personally don't expect Moshiri to pick a fight with Bill on Roberto but that may just be my natural Evertonian pessimism.

The rumbles are Moshiri is focused on consolidating ownership in 2017 and hopefully bringing in another partner. Even then BK will stay in the frame if his health permits. Whether we like it or not he is surprisingly well liked in football circles and Moshiri also realises the same is true with many fans.

Even the worst case scenario of more Bill and more Roberto is not an unmitigated disaster as we will be better funded and things can be changed if next season does not start well.

Again, personally my blood runs cold at the thought of more phenomenal bullshit but there are worse things in life (Tory governments, Donald Trump, kopites, black pudding...).

The press guys I know all think Roberto will be fired at season end but the one person I know who is close to Bill insists he is staying.

The press are getting briefed from inside the club but not by Bill. Presumably Esk has similar contacts. Perhaps James Corbett has a contact close to Bill? Perhaps he is just taking the path less trodden because he will look like a genius if Bill turns out to be Bill and still in control?

The same Bill contact says WHP will be quietly binned over the summer and that we are unlikely to do anything on the ground soon, not least because we are pushing for a more central location. He didn't suggest it wasn't a priority, just not imminent.

FWIW I personally don't expect Moshiri to pick a fight with Bill on Roberto but that may just be my natural Evertonian pessimism.

The rumbles are Moshiri is focused on consolidating ownership in 2017 and hopefully bringing in another partner. Even then BK will stay in the frame if his health permits. Whether we like it or not he is surprisingly well liked in football circles and Moshiri also realises the same is true with many fans.

Even the worst case scenario of more Bill and more Roberto is not an unmitigated disaster as we will be better funded and things can be changed if next season does not start well.

Again, personally my blood runs cold at the thought of more phenomenal bullshit but there are worse things in life (Tory governments, Donald Trump, kopites, black pudding...).

The sooner Bill koffs the better. He's an ubertit. Astounds me that he's so popular with our fanbase.

That post is heartbreaking

FWIW the 'official' but off-the-record line being given to friends of the club in the national and local press is:
1. No decision on manager's future until season end
2. Will be a thorough review of season & meeting with Martinez to discuss plans before any decision reached
3. Substantial funds available irrespective of sales

I have variations on this from 3 different press guys who have been briefed so I'm assuming it is the party line. It doesn't really tell us anything but it does suggest Martinez is under more scrutiny/pressure than BK's glib train response (really, what else could he say?).

So he's fired, not fired, waiting til the end of the season.

FWIW.

OK MATE

IF, Martinez stays, can we assume that Kenwright still has a bigger say than we're led to believe?

Impossible to believe Moshiri would fund the club to the tune of 100 million + and keep Martinez in charge. He's not daft.

So if Martinez remains manager, it's Kenwrights call IMO.

(Tory governments, Donald Trump, kopites, black pudding...).

Just WOW ! Controversial or what!

Just conjures up a vision of a gang of lads having a good old fry up - bit of fried tomatoes on there to constitute one of your 2 a day - and you sat in the corner on your own reading an old copy of Country Living whilst tucking into you left over Cous Cous, carrot sticks and Taramasalata.

hes like a symbiote that makes the host think theyre better off with him leaching off them. once he is lanced off everyone will be much happier (apart from bill).

I have heard rumbles that WHP will probably move forward but that there will be a more serious/less biased look at redevelopment before concluding. I'd be very surprised to hear much before the summer but the sooner we make concrete progress one way or another the better it will be.

YAWN YAWN FWIW YAWN

The most alarming thing about that post was re the stadium and nothing being imminent, imo this is a massive priority as we are getting left behind by everyone, and we will soon if not already have the worst stadium in the premier league

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back