Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
it would be a huge concern to me, that if and when the united job comes up, he will utimatly end up there. having said that, i was one of the people to say he was off there at xmas time when he got pushed out of chelsea and lvg was struggling so i suppose it really isnt a given.

just need to get this summmer out the way... its going to be one helluva time for us eitherway

There are two things with this. Firstly Esk has mentioned about a manager wanting to build a project. Mourinho has never done this and that isn't what he has wanted, but at the same time he has always been at clubs where that is not the culture. He may well want to put down routes and knows he will get that opportunity? Alternatively United are currently in a mess, if after a year at Everton he may not wish to jump ship? None of know exactly the level of money/ambition Moshiri has or will make available. What we can say is it is significantly higher than is estimated and we don't know how he will build the clubs and what contacts he has.

All of the above is unlikely. However if he is to leave I do think what has to change with Everton is a fear of people leaving. It is a nice impulse and when I say change I don't mean complete get rid of it, but more of a middle ground position whereby we accept it. With footballers and managers they are only ever wanted if they do a good job. If he comes, does a good job for a year and leaves, we will be in a stronger position. Holding onto a manager for 10 years will often mean other clubs don't fancy them. It sounds harsh, but we should want a manager we are going to struggle to keep hold of, as it means we are getting the best manager the club can get.

Our next manager, as well as being highly experienced at a high level, also needs to be progressive and enthusiastic, willing to build something and not just pick up easy cash to fund the pension pot. For example, someone like Pellegrini comes across to me as being too dour, lacking in passion, had his best years and his rather devoid of a pulse at times.

I feel embarrassed to see everybody building their hopes up of Everton FC recruiting Jose Mourinho as their manager... Have you all gone mad?

Why on earth would he come here when he could take on any of the biggest/successful clubs in the world? Regardless of how we feel things are about to change for us with this new investment, dream on!

Edit: I also feel embarrassed to have my name as 'Bobbys shoe polish'. So I can empathise

OK I might sound a bit mad here but anyway.

I honestly believe Jose isn't in demand as we all think. He has stated that he what's to stay in the prem Spain,Italy clubs with the money won't put up with his ego and I think it'd won't give him the control he wants.

Not saying he is coming here just I think his options might be a lot more limited than you think.

Our next manager, as well as being highly experienced at a high level, also needs to be progressive and enthusiastic, willing to build something and not just pick up easy cash to fund the pension pot. For example, someone like Pellegrini comes across to me as being too dour, lacking in passion, had his best years and his rather devoid of a pulse at times.
You just described a fantasy manager. Theres not many who fit into that description. ..if at all...fantasy

There are two things with this. Firstly Esk has mentioned about a manager wanting to build a project. Mourinho has never done this and that isn't what he has wanted, but at the same time he has always been at clubs where that is not the culture.

Arguably that's what he did at his first Chelsea stint (you could even say it's a very similar situation here as when he took over there - major new investment with an incumbent manager who isn't seen as being equal to it...difference in investment levels notwithstanding). And I believe I recall him talking about wanting to embark on a proper long-term legacy building project this time around, before it went pear-shaped.

There are two things with this. Firstly Esk has mentioned about a manager wanting to build a project. Mourinho has never done this and that isn't what he has wanted, but at the same time he has always been at clubs where that is not the culture. He may well want to put down routes and knows he will get that opportunity? Alternatively United are currently in a mess, if after a year at Everton he may not wish to jump ship? None of know exactly the level of money/ambition Moshiri has or will make available. What we can say is it is significantly higher than is estimated and we don't know how he will build the clubs and what contacts he has.

All of the above is unlikely. However if he is to leave I do think what has to change with Everton is a fear of people leaving. It is a nice impulse and when I say change I don't mean complete get rid of it, but more of a middle ground position whereby we accept it. With footballers and managers they are only ever wanted if they do a good job. If he comes, does a good job for a year and leaves, we will be in a stronger position. Holding onto a manager for 10 years will often mean other clubs don't fancy them. It sounds harsh, but we should want a manager we are going to struggle to keep hold of, as it means we are getting the best manager the club can get.

Esk doesn't know who the next manager is,as no one else does either,it's nowhere near decided ,if at all we do get one,God forbid that happens,people claim to know what's happening,but at the end of the day it's all rumours.

Esk doesn't know who the next manager is,as no one else does either,it's nowhere near decided ,if at all we do get one,God forbid that happens,people claim to know what's happening,but at the end of the day it's all rumours.

We have heard, read a lot of words but basically we do not know if we will have to look for a new manager.

Personally I think esk knows more than any of us

OK I might sound a bit mad here but anyway.

I honestly believe Jose isn't in demand as we all think. He has stated that he what's to stay in the prem Spain,Italy clubs with the money won't put up with his ego and I think it'd won't give him the control he wants.

Not saying he is coming here just I think his options might be a lot more limited than you think.

He is the 2nd highest paid manager in the world so he could sit on his Ass until his Chelsea contract runs out. He will only move if someone matches or beats that contract. there are no BIG clubs in Spain or germany he could go to. not sure if he would manage in Italy again and French football is dour. so this is probably why he is being linked so much with UTD.

I feel embarrassed to see everybody building their hopes up of Everton FC recruiting Jose Mourinho as their manager... Have you all gone mad?

Why on earth would he come here when he could take on any of the biggest/successful clubs in the world? Regardless of how we feel things are about to change for us with this new investment, dream on!

Edit: I also feel embarrassed to have my name as 'Bobbys shoe polish'. So I can empathise
Because he's jobless and everyone else has a manager. Why can't we aim for the best then? Are you one of them 'careful what you wish for' happy clappers?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back