Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Blackburn in 5 years.
07763EAA00000514-3083278-Shearer_and_Sutton_lifting_the_Premiership_trophy_after_their_su-a-42_1431696029177.jpg

I've kept away from things as much as I could, but I just read through the previous 20-25 pages and I feel like I should probably speak up. My opinion doesn't count much, but here it is.

Probably a weird thing to do, but before I start here's a summary of my thoughts:

The fans expected something and have got something else. The result thus far is one of an overwhelming sense of disappointment.

As the saying goes, Rome wasn't built in a day. However, I feel that communication on this forum (no names) and from people within the club hasn't exactly been clear. Despite the official club hierarchy stating that that the project was one of long-term commitment, many of us expect to have everything done from day one - opposed to reaping the potential rewards sequentially over a elongated period of success.

There has been a failure to manage expectation. The club thought it was clearing outlining what to expect going forward, yet this hasn't been enough for some. Include some over-the-top remarks about how we can now "compete financially with the best in the league for any player" by valued forum members and you'll end up with assumptions being made - resulting in the bitter taste of disappointment.

From my limited understanding, I understand that managing expectations comes down to considering preconceptions and adjudging them with proper forms of language. Each one of us sees things differently, we've seen the exponential rise of the likes of Manchester City and Chelsea and immediately expected the same to happen here.

You need to understand that you can't just go around comparing our club to the ones listed above. For example, City have a new stadium in an area fit for development. Chelsea were already competing for a top 4 place and situated in the middle of London. We finished 11th with an ageing squad of players, a deteriorated stadium and with a manager of whom was incapable of undertaking his duties.

Our situation is different, so going forward we (us included) need to review the situation as it is and find a unique way of building something massive for the long term. The use of language has been abhorrent on both sides of the debate.

We'll be fine. Let's build something proper.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back