Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
We've made a terrible mistake boys, Farhad is not the messiah he's a very naughty boy.

Wanted to run Arsenal but wasn't allowed on the board, so he pitched up at little old Everton promising to take us to the dizzying heights occupied by the likes of his former club.

Six months down the line we have a bank account full of money and we haven't used it to buy anyone. Can't you see he hasn't been trying to make us as successful as them, he has actually turned us into Arsenal.

Just wait til he brings out a red strip.

Gonna be all kinda scenes at Goodison when Gunnersaurus comes out wearing royal blue.

We've made a terrible mistake boys, Farhad is not the messiah he's a very naughty boy.

Wanted to run Arsenal but wasn't allowed on the board, so he pitched up at little old Everton promising to take us to the dizzying heights occupied by the likes of his former club.

Six months down the line we have a bank account full of money and we haven't used it to buy anyone. Can't you see he hasn't been trying to make us as successful as them, he has actually turned us into Arsenal.

Just wait til he brings out a red strip.

Gonna be all kinda scenes at Goodison when Gunnersaurus comes out wearing royal blue.

:Blink:

Some people are seriously under estimating the damage done to the clubs reputation by the previous manager/regime. Fixing it will take at least a couple of seasons in my view, by steady and at sometimes painful progress. I'm sure the club are in the market for top players, convincing them to come to a seemingly 'broken' club is proving very difficult I'm sure, regardless of funds available. This is why we've invested so heavily in Koeman to steer us through some potentially choppy waters. As long as I see the club changing for the better, not just the team on the pitch, then I'll be satisfied. Money alone will not put this club back at the top table, the infrastructure has to be right first.

Some people are seriously under estimating the damage done to the clubs reputation by the previous manager/regime. Fixing it will take at least a couple of seasons in my view, by steady and at sometimes painful progress. I'm sure the club are in the market for top players, convincing them to come to a seemingly 'broken' club is proving very difficult I'm sure, regardless of funds available. This is why we've invested so heavily in Koeman to steer us through some potentially choppy waters. As long as I see the club changing for the better, not just the team on the pitch, then I'll be satisfied. Money alone will not put this club back at the top table, the infrastructure has to be right first.

If we got one big transfer over the line I'm certain others would follow, but it's not looking too rosy in that regard right now given how long these big deals are dragging on for.

Get the feeling we're going to have to resort to clever signings like Walsh made for Leicester, rather than big money signings. That may not be a bad thing though.

Think that's an over exaggeration.

Everton is not a 'broken club'.

Other than in your head

Just calm it down.

Yesterday people were criticising Moshiri/the club

For not having the ground improvements finished.

Turns out the delay was in Planning and Building Control at Liverpool City Council.

But should arrive shortly.

What I'm saying is.

People's perceptions are well off at the moment. From reality.

Calm it down

The time to judge properly will be at the end of the window

Having said that, and whilst I appreciate there are extenuating circumstances about having a new manager with a new set of targets who we haven't been tapping up for months, having money for the first time so convincing big names to join being difficult and appointing a DoF which affects recruitment too... I don't think it's great that we are now exactly two weeks away from the start of the season and the only transfer activity has been a reserve goalkeeper

Hopefully this is just teething issues, and I'd rather be in the position we're in now than the one we were in 12 months ago, but it's a tad frustrating

The premier league is a marathon not a sprint.

It's where we are in May next year.

Not necessarily where we are end of August.

I'm sat here chilled out as you like slurping tea. Offering prayers to Dixie Dean and Alan Ball and god for a signing this weekend. :coffee:

We're not a broken club I agree, but I'm sure the perception from outsiders is that we are, in terms of our standing in the game.

Nah mate. Its purely this.

Its hardnosed business people having discussions.

We're in for some higher name players as you know competing against other top clubs.

Its as simple as that really that in my view is meaning things are going slowly.

Think that's an over exaggeration.

Everton is not a 'broken club'.

Other than in your head
Biz, athough you normally talk a lot of sense, a really good way of describing the state of the club, by the end of last season was deffo 'broken'. Fans talking about what was on telly the previous night instead of watching and supporting the team, pretty disintereststed in what was going on, on the pitch summed it up for me...althoghth the future looks bright

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back