Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
It makes sense. Whether it will happen that way is a guess though.

In terms of explaining motives for involvement I'd stick with the more prosaic one of Moshiri the football club owner seeking to load debt onto a club in order to build a stadium and make a profit from his shares.
Loading debt onto the club will impact cash flows (P&I repayments) to an extent that I don't think he'd be able to offload his shares anywhere.
I'm actually struggling to see how, without equity commitment, this new 'magnificent stadium on the Mersey' concept can fly.

We’ve outspent anyone other than Man Utd and Man City. Also, why wouldn’t we use the TV money? That’s what it’s there for.
My point is that Moshiri has done nothing in that respect that Kenwright wasn't in is last two seasons here...we had net spends in the £20M+ mark on the basis of extra tv cash and now that tv cash has increased (and just at the same time as two massive sales).

Yiu and others are guilty of genuflecting way too much toward Moshiri given what he'\s ACTUALLY committed to us.

My point is that Moshiri has done nothing in that respect that Kenwright wasn't in is last two seasons here...we had net spends in the £20M+ mark on the basis of extra tv cash and now that tv cash has increased (and just at the same time as two massive sales).

Yiu and others are guilty of genuflecting way too much toward Moshiri given what he'\s ACTUALLY committed to us.
Why arent 17 other clubs in the league outspending us, though?

I'd be slaughtered if I projected like that.
It’s not projection though Dave
Corestat’s first venture into British real estate is the Liver building with Moshiri
These lads deal in 100’s of millions not 24 m
They are here for a reason and it’s not the Liver building.
Those in the know will be given the opportunity to develope the plum sites and shall we say ease of access to planning permission.
There’s a plan you and me don’t know it but those that matter do

Heres the thing though Dave, IF his ambition was just milking the club, then he'd be spending just what is required to stay afloat in the league

Like him or not, he hasn't done that by a long shot, or to put a perspective on it, Say West Ham sold a player for 75-90m - you reckon we'd see them spunking 150+ m on players in that season, not a chance in hell they would do. Same goes for Newcastle and the other clubs where the owners have shown that without doubt they are after lining their pockets first and foremost.

Moshiri could be here for 6-7 years and then move on after making a good profit after the stadium is built etc mate, but thats 6-7 years of having to put up with fans moaning in every media outlet that gives them a voice, on every social media platform, having to fend off questions from the media and negative articles, all for the sake of a few hundred million (lets call it 500m at a stretch) in profit after those seven years.

He made that much and more by buying up shares in Facebook early doors and then offloading them when they went through the roof about 4 years later, and all he had to do was sit there watching the price rise until the correct time to cash in and make the profit.

No hassle, no exposure, little risk as he knew the field, and easy money, why on earth would he go into this club to make a similar profit which will be the hardest grindiest profit he's ever made in his life, and having to deal with the utter mess the club is and all the problems that come from that? and even at the end of it, if he does cut and run he will be lumped in with chancers like Ashley and the dildo brothers, wreck his reputation, all for a profit he can and has made with little fuss in the past.

Really doesn't make any sense mate, this is for him a vanity project, IF he has the actual money to succeed and does he have the backing of Usmanov will determine that success, combined with if he is learning from his mistakes before it's too late for him and us (which are joined for now)
What's it to him though? He had three major assets in blue jerseys he could cash in on when he arrived. He sold two for mega money and went spare when the other refused to go when told. He had to recycle that cash and the tv money to remain competitive and attract investors to the Everton project and the proposed stadium would be the beneficiary of that. It wasn't cash coming from his pocket, so it was a sound business move. However, it was wasted by a terrible manager, and you have to wonder whether the two were connected: Everton's waste of cash and downturn on the pitch to relegation threatened candidates and the inability to attract investment for the stadium via the preferred SPV route of the club and LCC, which led in turn to a necessity for LCC to get even more involved.

Whatever the feasibility of that the cash spent was entirely logical and not something that points to "commitment" from Moshiri beyond the obvious parasitical relationship he has with us.

Fake news.

Some of it is from player sales, some of it is from the TV deal, but we have sacked 2 managers and appointed another 2, your mate Clownface rinsed the club for 15m on his own, trust me, the sales and the TV deal dont stretch as far as you think.

Since hes arrived we are the top 3 spenders in the league, NET AND GROSS.

The debts have been paid
Land bought for the stadium

But its not enough for Dave, 59, from wigan, he wants MORE!!!!

Theres actually not a lot more he can give.
You become more preposterous with each passing day. Well done.

Loading debt onto the club will impact cash flows (P&I repayments) to an extent that I don't think he'd be able to offload his shares anywhere.
I'm actually struggling to see how, without equity commitment, this new 'magnificent stadium on the Mersey' concept can fly.
There will always be a buyer for a blue chip PL club (and that's what we'd be with a dockland stadium). Look at the Geordies! Even in their state they attract bidders.

It’s not projection though Dave
Corestat’s first venture into British real estate is the Liver building with Moshiri
These lads deal in 100’s of millions not 24 m
They are here for a reason and it’s not the Liver building.
Those in the know will be given the opportunity to develope the plum sites and shall we say ease of access to planning permission.
There’s a plan you and me don’t know it but those that matter do
It's highly speculative.

There will always be a buyer for a blue chip PL club (and that's what we'd be with a dockland stadium). Look at the Geordies! Even in their state they attract bidders.
with the assumed debt levels being mentioned (up to 500mio??) , there'll be nothing 'blue chip' about Everton, I can assure you of that.
Where we unravel quickly is our other streams of income (commercial revenue) are so paltry, that without substantial equity commitment (which we wont get btw, because of our small stature in commercial terms), I struggle to see how this project gets off the ground

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back