Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Very damning...the more days that pass and the worse we become, the more it becomes apparent that Farhad is simply not fit to guide us to where we want to be. The delusions of some sugar daddy coming in to bankroll us have proven to be just that - delusions (And baseless ones at that considering he's near the bottom in the table of richest owners). Since he's come in his achievements so far have been:

- Securing public funding for a stadium - credit where it's due, it's a fantastic project and will benefit the entire city - but one which he will no doubt use as a profit venture so he can add to his dodgy stash of tax-free millions.

- Used the ludicrous amount of TV money we receive each year, passed off as his own sugar daddy dollars, to bankroll the construction of one of the most gutless, uninspiring playing squads we have had in the Premier League era, a construction brought about by the appointments of staff which, whilst looking good at the time, eventually turned out to have lacked any kind of strategy, plan or vision in mind with their appointments - deciding on Silva before a "Director of Football" was even appointed is an example of this. To Mr Moshiri, Brands is a glorified head scout who in the grand scheme of things looks like he lacks the power that he should have. It is evident that Mr Moshiri does not have any idea as to what a Director of Football actually is.

- Managed to brainwash our fanbase with into not hounding him out the very second he came out and said that we expected to lose all but one of our first 10 games of the season, just WEEKS after he had just sanctioned a £180m spending spree in an attempt to make a 7th-placed squad of the previous season even more competitive. WTF???

- Kept Bill Kenwright, who with all due respect has been a detriment to the club during his tenure, on as chairman because...reasons?

- Our pre-season streams still haven't been fixed. Boooooo.

I would mention the Panorama incident but that's not for this thread.

Ask yourselves...is this really the bloke that is going to lead us into some golden era? Look at City and Liverpool, Sheffield United and Leicester amongst others - they have an ethos, a vision and a plan. We don't have anything of the sort. That's the difference. I suppose we can see now why a major shareholder in Arsenal was never allowed anywhere near the decision-making process before he threw his toys out of the pram and decided he wanted his own profit piggy.

Koeman - Failed

Appoints Sam Allardayce as manager, something any of us would never have dreamed of happening.

Silva - Hired with absolutely zero credible accomplishments to his resume. Failed.

Now potentially want to appoint a manager in Moyes who has failed everywhere he’s been after leaving Everton and has been unemployed for 18 months because nobody would touch him.

I never used to believe the Moshiri fraud shout outs but not in a million years did I ever think when he came in with his millions that we would see any of this. Massively disappointing.

I fear that this would be the final nail in the Moshiri coffin for a large proportion of the fanbase.

He has been given a lot of grace by most, not @davek, but this might be the thing which turns anger from the management situation and the rubbish not he pitch back to the board.

Don't dare do it, not Moyes.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back