Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Fathers of GrandOldTeam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-GOTTV

Player Valuation: £8m
Lads, my wife is due this week with our little girl. I'm proper excited and under no illusions about how tough parenthood can be, but I wondered what advice you all have?

If you could go back and do anything different again with your first, what would it be? I have my bag packed for the hospital and it's all getting very real now!

I'm genuinely intrigued to get any advice and hear about your own experiences. Fire away.

Lads, my wife is due this week with our little girl. I'm proper excited and under no illusions about how tough parenthood can be, but I wondered what advice you all have?

If you could go back and do anything different again with your first, what would it be? I have my bag packed for the hospital and it's all getting very real now!

I'm genuinely intrigued to get any advice and hear about your own experiences. Fire away.

Mazel-Tov, re the imminent arrival of your new daughter.

My son is 20 now and away at university in Scotland, so really proud of him.

Advice?, just be there for her, support her in everything she attempts, and enjoy the ride.

Never have more than 2.
Enjoy your last proper sleeps.
Cherish every moment, they are ALL special.
Nobody is born a parent, you have to work at it, its tough, very tough, but the most rewarding job you will ever do.

But really.

RUN

I was reading this like. "Wow, this is deep and decent advice from Goat". Then I got to the end. Ha-ha. Never change.

Enjoy and appreciate every single second. If you think you've been tired in the past just wait until you're up in the night and then have to go to work in the morning. Don't listen to other parents telling you how their children slept through the night from the word go. The best thing I ever did was have my two beautiful girls. They are now 19 and 22 and cost me a fortune, but, they're worth every single penny.

Keep a duvet and a pillow downstairs.
Use them to grab a bit of kip... Even just half an hour, whenever possible.
Take any offer of help you can.
If a relative comes round to 'see the baby' don't be afraid to say it's not a good time, she's just fallen asleep and I want to sleep rather than talk to you right now.

Going forward, CBeebies is your friend, upgrade to a sky package that has the kids stuff too.

Enjoy and appreciate every single second. If you think you've been tired in the past just wait until you're up in the night and then have to go to work in the morning. Don't listen to other parents telling you how their children slept through the night from the word go. The best thing I ever did was have my two beautiful girls. They are now 19 and 22 and cost me a fortune, but, they're worth every single penny.
My daughter needed waking up for feeds during the night and never cried. My son on the other hand was the exact opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back