Ferguson Caretaker Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think if he was managerial material he'd have been our manager quite some time ago. There's obviously something lacking somewhere with Dunc that's held him back. As it stands, we now need an experienced manager who can get us through the remainder of the season with the sole aim of ensuring we're still in the top flight come August.
Nous is lacking.

How about a game plan of playing hoof-it to Dom, who (in addition to bring rusty and possibly not yet over his injury) was being marked by 6’5” Tyrone Mings.

In Richarlison Gordon and Gray we had players who could get in behind Mings and Konsa on the floor, even on their own dribble if not getting service. And as we know foot speed is not Digne’s strength, he can be run at, which would also have forced him to backtrack and defend once in awhile. But Gordon didn’t even make the starting XI, all we did was pump long balls and crosses and Digne was essentially a forward (and a very effective forward) since we never forced him to defend.

Im sure those with a deeper knowledge of tactics could go on and on.

…..involved with a succession of failed managers who largely seem to ignore him, training with players every day and then picks the side he did when he had the opportunity on Saturday suggests to me he’s a very poor judge and a very poor coach.

Being an iconic figure to some Evertonians does not qualify for any involvement with the playing side of the club. Ferguson might be a nice bloke and a passionate Evertonian but I’m afraid he has to be part of any cull.

To think some wanted him appointed until the end of the season.

…..involved with a succession of failed managers who largely seem to ignore him, training with players every day and then picks the side he did when he had the opportunity on Saturday suggests to me he’s a very poor judge and a very poor coach.

Being an iconic figure to some Evertonians does not qualify for any involvement with the playing side of the club. Ferguson might be a nice bloke and a passionate Evertonian but I’m afraid he has to be part of any cull.
Cannot disagree with any of that...

Sad but true.

Yes. He's going to get interviewed about how things are going and he's just going to say "I should leave".
No, but he could say something refreshingly honest like “I’m not interested in taking the job permanently but whilst I’m the manager I’ll do the job to the best of my ability. That means winning football matches”

To think some wanted him appointed until the end of the season.
Yep, a total coaching team clear out is needed and sadly that means Dunc going too. You only have to look at Utd giving coaching roles to ex players and look where they are as a result (post Fergie).

What's the old saying, "Always the bridesmaid, never the bride." anyway, I was really pleased this time round when he got the gig, and I was fired up for the Villa game, they are long over due a 'tonking' from us, however, when I saw that he dropped Gordon to the bench and there was no sign of the Rangers boy my heart sank. I am now falling into line with other's more in the know, perhaps it is time the big fella tried his hand at management somewhere lower down the leagues, and let whoever the new broom is, sweep clean with all of his own backroom staff. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.