Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have I misunderstood something here?
If it follows the Football League 3 year template then deadlines are as follows:

1) The prior seasons accounts go in on March 1st of the season as do the Projections for the current season.
2) By March 31st, if the club has lost more than £15m in FFP terms across the last 3 seasons then the next two seasons of Projected Accounts and FFP returns/forecasts need to go in.
3) In Everton's case accounts are until 30th June. Therefore it shouldn't be too big a stretch to update the Projections with the reality within a few weeks of the end of June.

Therefore the PL or relevant body in a lot of cases should have enough to refer by August/September time. ie if the allegation of Breach is to the 3 years ending in 2021-22 then based on this template there should be enough to refer in August or perhaps September 2022.

Embargoes are also in the tool kit for failure to comply or submit info on demand. The PL haven't exactly handled this in a smooth manner. The timeframe is very clunky..unless Everton have submitted misleading info on which case added misconduct charges would also be valid.

Last edited:
Can see it now: someone in the Everton office has their mouse cursor hovering over the "Publish now" button on their computer ready to hit at a minute to five, the minute its hit, the Head of Engagement & Communications, Fan engagement manager, Head of Engagement and Communications, Media and Social Media all hop in to their Mercs and hit the bricks for the weekend.

You really couldn't make it up.

June 22 accounts are due today. Generally you have 9 months to file at companies house

I think that is the final period of the 3 year cycle we are under investigation for.
If the PL do a proper real time and future monitoring job they should have had sufficient info to charge/refer or not months back.

Can see it now: someone in the Everton office has their mouse cursor hovering over the "Publish now" button on their computer ready to hit at a minute to five, the minute its hit, the Head of Engagement & Communications, Fan engagement manager, Head of Engagement and Communications, Media and Social Media all hop in to their Mercs and hit the bricks for the weekend.

You really couldn't make it up.
😂😂 I was just thinking this

I always thought the accounts were submitted to the Premier League on 1st March.
I think they are already with the league.

But they only will become public when filed with Companies House, and the deadline for that is today. They might not be viewable either on companies house for a few days, although the club might choose to publish them today.

But they only will become public when filed with Companies House, and the deadline for that is today. They might not be viewable either on companies house for a few days, although the club might choose to publish them today.
I did also think we had a legal thing that meant they had to be published publicly or at least to shareholders by 1st April.

They are with the league. It's why they got triggered 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back