Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loads of talk about this being a tax issue, if so why would the PL refer this to an independent commission, would it not be an issue for HMRC? Football clubs being tax compliant isn't really an issue the PL deal with.

Loads of talk about this being a tax issue, if so why would the PL refer this to an independent commission, would it not be an issue for HMRC? Football clubs being tax compliant isn't really an issue the PL deal with.
That’s the story that came out from Joyce in the week, the whole investigation and charge being related to loans for the stadium

Why would there be a transfer ban for a stadium tax issue?
This is the bit I don't get. Apparently we cooked the books during COVID over player valuations. Then we've the stadium and then we've russian money. Take your pick mate. No one has a clue. Is it FFP or Premier league profit and loss charges 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

This is the bit I don't get. Apparently we cooked the books during COVID over player valuations. Then we've the stadium and then we've russian money. Take your pick mate. No one has a clue. Is it FFP or Premier league profit and loss charges 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
It’s profit and sustainability. But everyone goes along with FFP because it’s quicker to type. And the media don’t think the general public will understand that there is a difference so repeat FFP.

It’s profit and sustainability. But everyone goes along with FFP because it’s quicker to type. And the media don’t think the general public will understand that there is a difference so repeat FFP.
Thought so. Sorry red wine head today not fully at the races. So likely hood if found guilty is a large fine and slap on the wrist.

The SPFL relegated Rangers for unorthodox tax arrangements.
Wasn't that to do with systemic tax evasion in player's contracts. There doesn't seem to be any suggestion that the Everton issue is to do with tax evasion, which makes me think it is a creative accountancy issue about where such costs are attributed to present a rosier picture on P&S. Of course, I am a financial illiterate so I am more than likely wrong.

People know the loss figures, they’ve been published, and the losses exceed what is allowed within P&S rules, don’t they?

I’m struggling to understand why people are ignoring this in favour of this idea that it’s about some unknown tax issue?

He's a light entertainer.

Anyone could have spotted that from a mile off.

How he got away with revealing private conversations he claimed he had with Everton officials and still retained his position at Liverpool University I dont know. Is that how Liverpool University operate - allow their staff to place tittle tattle into the public domain....tittle tattle that brings a local and respected instituition into disrepute.

We all know this feller Maguire wouldn't have done it with Liverpool. He calculated that he could get away with it with Everton though.

And here he is today: his theory of Everton's FFP case in tatters - underlining what a sham he is.
A nobody - traded professional and academic integrity for 10 minutes on TalkSport and a few extra Twitter followers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back