Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree the sentiment and think nothing will come of this, BUT the PL isnt some independent body acting in everyone's interest equally.
Its the 20 clubs, just takes 14 clubs to agree and they could in theory vote in whatever they like that suited there own self interest, so decision wont always be rationale. Hence the push by the government to have an actual independent body running football.
Sounds quite democratic with the safety net of needing a 2/3 majority to put something new in place.

End of March football finance 'expert', Kieran Maguire, stated...

I have heard from sources on Merseyside, but not from the club I have to hasten, that this is in relation to a transfer which potentially took Everton above the FFP limit. This is the bone of contention at present."

You see, that's why some of us called him a light entertainer looking for clicks when others were hanging on his every word.

And I notice that since the news came out about this being stadium related Maguire hasn't commented about our FFP situation. Strange that...
Total rent-a-gob. Nobody serious in football would speak to him.

Total rent-a-gob. Nobody serious in football would speak to him.

The self styled "Mark E Smith of the football industry".

Tells you all you need to know.

The feller attempted to come over like he's ITK about Everton's FFP case stating it's down to a particular player's sale and it turns out its stadium related.

No addressing that on his social media though. No siree.

As I pegged him back in March: a light entertainer.

The self styled "Mark E Smith of the football industry".

Tells you all you need to know.

The feller attempted to come over like he's ITK about Everton's FFP case stating it's down to a particular player's sale and it turns out its stadium related.

No addressing that on his social media though. No siree.

As I pegged him back in March: a light entertainer.

His knife twisting in the media won’t be forgotten.

If we are found guilty for breaching ffp rules would it not be a good argument to just say. Well we were only following the model that City had adopted for over a decade and received no punishment for? I mean how could they argue against that with any merit?

I’m sorry your honour I was just beating and disciplining my wife like the fella next door has been doing for years.

Not much of a defence imo :)

Our aim in being discerning, has to be beyond the level of the Maupay's of this world - our signings have to be functional and offer value to a squad position, but i dont think we are in any position to picky on the Ward Prowses's or Harrisons of this world - i think wed have a massive job of work to convince them to come here, even the Coventry lad. The only players we are attractive to are ones outside the PL. looking to make that step and that's only after other clubs finish eating.

You can sit here all summer and pick holes in any player - but most wont want to come here anyway and in truth we'd be lucky to get Ward Prowse or Harrison in the room to have a discussion, in reality their needs to be a degree of pragmatism and realism.

We need to be a bit self aware, we're not attractive for players at the moment and we cant throw money at it and we are a hard sell to players who have other options.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back