Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
so it’s BS? i’m sure the prem are trying to ruin us
What would be the benefit to the Premier League of ruining us? This is the question one must ask oneself before becoming over-cynical about the situation. There is no benefit to the league in this pursuit, unless you're suggesting we're being treated as a type of sacrificial lamb so as the league can be seen as pursuing others in addition to City? Or perhaps it's the league's version of a warning shot across the bow of the other clubs within the league?

I agree the sentiment and think nothing will come of this, BUT the PL isnt some independent body acting in everyone's interest equally.
Its the 20 clubs, just takes 14 clubs to agree and they could in theory vote in whatever they like that suited there own self interest, so decision wont always be rationale. Hence the push by the government to have an actual independent body running football.

What's the worst punishment over this? Like a 3 point deduction? Surely we can manage one more win vs last season.

Transfer ban would be worse

What's the worst punishment over this? Like a 3 point deduction? Surely we can manage one more win vs last season.

Transfer ban would be worse
Unless he’s worded it wrong that Myers tweet implies the whole hearing takes place on 25/10 and if it really is a one day hearing I don’t see how it could lead to something as significant as a points deduction. That would surely require a much deeper dive and us presenting a lot more in our defence and would surely take more time.

Here's a thought....maybe the PL knows this will go nowhere, and that its a big nothing. But, because they are under a lot of duress over the Man City breaches, by finding a small discrepancy and bring it forward to the courts, they can pretend that they care about FFP, that they have attempted to uphold it, and any failures are because of the courts rulings. Its a small way to both make it look like they are doing something, and yet put the fault off of them and onto something else. I think its fairly common practice for politicians to do things like that.

End of March football finance 'expert', Kieran Maguire, stated...

I have heard from sources on Merseyside, but not from the club I have to hasten, that this is in relation to a transfer which potentially took Everton above the FFP limit. This is the bone of contention at present."

You see, that's why some of us called him a light entertainer looking for clicks when others were hanging on his every word.

And I notice that since the news came out about this being stadium related Maguire hasn't commented about our FFP situation. Strange that...

What would be the benefit to the Premier League of ruining us? This is the question one must ask oneself before becoming over-cynical about the situation. There is no benefit to the league in this pursuit, unless you're suggesting we're being treated as a type of sacrificial lamb so as the league can be seen as pursuing others in addition to City? Or perhaps it's the league's version of a warning shot across the bow of the other clubs within the league?

hopefully the latter!

Unless he’s worded it wrong that Myers tweet implies the whole hearing takes place on 25/10 and if it really is a one day hearing I don’t see how it could lead to something as significant as a points deduction. That would surely require a much deeper dive and us presenting a lot more in our defence and would surely take more time.
There would also be an appeal surely? City appealed their CL ban

The Everton delegation will arrive some time around the 29th.

Delegation you say?
IMG_3753.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back