Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are found guilty for breaching ffp rules would it not be a good argument to just say. Well we were only following the model that City had adopted for over a decade and received no punishment for? I mean how could they argue against that with any merit?

It's good that we won't have to wait too long for this to be resolved, and can plan ahead with what little transfer budget there is for the summer. We have a date for the hearing now, and its not going to be dragged out endlessly. We have enough uncertainty as it is.

Any decent lawyer would simply point out that, unlike the other Man City, we spent half a billion and made ourselves more likely to go down, not less likely. And if that is deemed an offence then the lawyer would point out that Chelsea did the same, but on a much, much bigger scale.

I think Everton FC should sue the PL and the grassing clubs.

Serioulsy. That commission announced during the dark days of our relegation threatened season could have seen us cave in...which was probably the intent.
Relegated teams could also sue City they were a proper YOYO club before they broke 115 rules.

I love this forum, but when people use Mbappe GIFs as a response to someones heartfelt post, it really does make me consider leaving.
It's OK.

The problems are mounting up, not going away.

If it makes some people feel better to reply with a gif, to the amusement of their mates, no problem.

Whatever works for them.

It's hard to understand this tbh.

Why would other clubs think we gained an advantage over a tax issue on the new stadium ?
If Joyce is right surely this is no basis for points deductions/ fines or transfer bans.

Doesn't make sense.

I agree.

First things first, these clubs are despicable sly chancers and I hope they get what they deserve, f-all.

I can't say I have a clue what it means, what difference it makes if this is a tax issue on the stadium, but, even if there is a transgression It doesn't take a financial expert to work out that it would have zero impact on FFP on the pitch. Whether there is an indiscretion on the P&L and on the overall finances of the club might still be open to scrutiny. But hasn't the club has apparently complied with the PL in the last couple of years?

If it ends up being just a tax issue and as the club say they are confident so no wrong doing, it won't half pee off the likes of the DM who have done nothing but
💩 stir.

If tax and infrastructure related I'm struggling to see the issue, what the fuss is.

Infrastructure is exempted from FFP, Profit or Loss BEFORE tax is the starting point.

Covid losses relative to other clubs yes that would make sense for a challenge, maybe worth looking at USM £30m for a naming right option too but I really struggle to see what the case is here. The only bit I can see affecting it is the interest on said loans, they do go through Profit and Loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back