Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got involved with people at the heart of Russian skullduggery and corruption.
Had we got involved with people at the heart of Saudi skullduggery and corruption instead we would be quids in.
At the moment - Russian thugs = bad
Saudi thugs = "come on in with open arms"

TLDR -
All big business and politics are corrupt. Football is now all about big business and politics, ergo, football is corrupt.

RIP Football. You used to be a 'sport'

The reason we're financially struggling is due to the war. Nothing more nothing less.

Ignore all the narcissistic accountants looking for holes to gain attention on our demise, we spent stupidly but we could afford it. The whole "I told you so" is basically gambling and they won.

Saudis getting involved is definitely rotten though and you're right our game is going to be destroyed.

The reason we're financially struggling is due to the war. Nothing more nothing less.

Ignore all the narcissistic accountants looking for holes to gain attention on our demise, we spent stupidly but we could afford it. The whole "I told you so" is basically gambling and they won.

Saudis getting involved is definitely rotten though and you're right our game is going to be destroyed.
The games been utterly destroyed for ages. Teams have been buying titles for years and now we’re at the point where it isn’t even a competition. When is the point people move onto a team that’s allowed to win or just give up watching entirely?

The games been utterly destroyed for ages. Teams have been buying titles for years and now we’re at the point where it isn’t even a competition. When is the point people move onto a team that’s allowed to win or just give up watching entirely?

The prem will be finished in about 2 years.

The teams and brands will be gone (in the Middle East) as it will become an overseas game.

I just want to enjoy going the match as a day out with friends and family, they will never be able to replicate that.

They've won getting Newcastle as they're the thickest and easiest fan base to manipulate.

The prem will be finished in about 2 years.

The teams and brands will be gone (in the Middle East) as it will become an overseas game.

I just want to enjoy going the match as a day out with friends and family, they will never be able to replicate that.

They've won getting Newcastle as they're the thickest and easiest fan base to manipulate.
Don't disagree with what you're saying - but people have been predicting the implosion of the PL for quite a while now, and it's no closer to happening from what I can see. It does feel like football in this country needs a reset though.

Don't disagree with what you're saying - but people have been predicting the implosion of the PL for quite a while now, and it's no closer to happening from what I can see. It does feel like football in this country needs a reset though.

The Saudis have trillions which is basically unlimited wealth which we can't comprehend.

They won't stop until they have the top teams in Europe playing there. It's no secret why juve and real have dropped the super league.

They've already got the golf.

They'll be well run until they're not. Happened to Southampton will happen to them

I remember everyone raving about Southampton having "the black box" which was essentially some kind of scouting database that led them signing the likes of Mane, Van Dijk, Wanyama, Tadic, Pelle etc. when they had that brief few seasons in the top 7.

Brighton will go the same way same as Leicester have etc.

Only way for continued success is what Newcastle will be doing - spending money but having a loop hole around FFP to prevent them needing to constantly sell their top players to abide within the rules. £25m shirt deal, £9m sleeve sponser and likely a big Saudi naming rights for SJP in the coming season apparently.

I remember everyone raving about Southampton having "the black box" which was essentially some kind of scouting database that led them signing the likes of Mane, Van Dijk, Wanyama, Tadic, Pelle etc. when they had that brief few seasons in the top 7.

Brighton will go the same way same as Leicester have etc.

Only way for continued success is what Newcastle will be doing - spending money but having a loop hole around FFP to prevent them needing to constantly sell their top players to abide within the rules. £25m shirt deal, £9m sleeve sponser and likely a big Saudi naming rights for SJP in the coming season apparently.
Gradually you'll replace these excellent players you're selling with players not up to it who you can't shift. You'll never get a never ending supply of cheap top class talent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back