Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man U fined for a breach of the UEFA FFP Rules. Whilst of course different rules to the Premier League they have the same purpose and I also accept that a points deduction may not easily be available. However, given that there is no current precedent in the Premier League for a breach, this could be relatively good news. In other words if United didn't receive a sporting penalty for a breach why should the Premier League impose a more severe penalty than UEFA would impose.

I accept that there is not enough detail to compare United's breach to our alleged breach but I am grasping for good news at the moment.

Man U fined for a breach of the UEFA FFP Rules. Whilst of course different rules to the Premier League they have the same purpose and I also accept that a points deduction may not easily be available. However, given that there is no current precedent in the Premier League for a breach, this could be relatively good news. In other words if United didn't receive a sporting penalty for a breach why should the Premier League impose a more severe penalty than UEFA would impose.

I accept that there is not enough detail to compare United's breach to our alleged breach but I am grasping for good news at the moment.
We'll get a transfer ban, it will be suspended for a few years and only implemented if we break rules again.. we'll say that we have gotten things back under control by not spending much and cutting big salaries.

We'll get a transfer ban, it will be suspended for a few years and only implemented if we break rules again.. we'll say that we have gotten things back under control by not spending much and cutting big salaries.
Which makes the current transfer situation more problematic as if it is not suspended.....................

Another club getting away with nothing more than a fine. With each of these clubs paying their way out, the pessimist in me thinks they'll look to make an example of us.

Another club getting away with nothing more than a fine. With each of these clubs paying their way out, the pessimist in me thinks they'll look to make an example of us.

Juventus as well...£8mil.

So all this talk about points etc...its an £8mil fine.

Juventus as well...£8mil.

So all this talk about points etc...its an £8mil fine.
UEFA can’t influence points deductions in leagues. The FFP rules they’ve breached relate to UEFA’s competitions only, that’s why Juve have been kicked out. That’s their punishment.

The reason Chelsea only have a fine is because paperwork/admin wasn’t submitted correctly or at all. Juve have submitted accounts riddled with financial irregularities.

We can’t use these examples as a measuring stick.

That's FFP not the premier League profit and sustainability rules that we've been charged for two different things.
But UEFA is a de facto umbrella organisation that European football associations operate under. It's arguable that any individual football association should penalise in line with UEFA.

But then again, we should also remember that this is just an investigation to make sure we were compliant with the rules that we've already been okayed on and it's been leaked that it's concerning stadium costs which fall outside of the P&S rules.

This should be a storm in a teacup and if we were more belligerent like City, this would probably be discretely dismissed by the PL knowing that they don't have a realistic case. Unfortunately we have dumb and dumber Moshiri and Kenwright who'll probably cop a token punishment and drag our name into the mud which seems to be the only thing we can guarantee that they're any good at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back