Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 220492
From an article in football 365. Net spend over the past 5 seasons. Only brighton and luton are below us. Erm......I am thick like so can someone explain the ffp,profit and loss stuff and why we are so hamstrung in regards of buying players etc. Ta.

Our wage bill is far too high.

We gambled big on making Europe and champions league and have failed.

Our wage bill is far too high.

We gambled big on making Europe and champions league and have failed.
Ta la. So even with all the players that have been shipped out over the past few seasons and us operating under a sell to buy policy our wage bill is still killing us. Mad that. I suppose compo to ***** managers and their staff plus compo to ***** board members recently will have affected this as well.

Ta la. So even with all the players that have been shipped out over the past few seasons and us operating under a sell to buy policy our wage bill is still killing us. Mad that. I suppose compo to ***** managers and their staff plus compo to ***** board members recently will have affected this as well.
reached 95% of our turnover, highest in World Football i read somewhere, totally unsustainable at that level. Something had to give and here we are

I'm not surprised, they signed about 25 players over the last two windows.

But remember this is the Mail, the same paper that was saying the stadium isn't getting built last week.

The Daily Mail's finest hour.

istockphoto-1276435751-612x612.webp

Everton: let's hold an investigation over a stadium payment that has no impact on the P&S after the club has been open and shared everything with the PL.

Forest: Basketcase with 500 players on the books. PL whistles innocently as they look at the sky and the club goes into administration.
And Chelsea spending 700 million, and Newcastles obvious cooking of the books by selling players to themselves. I honestly don't know why the other 15/16 clubs in this league aren't banging this drum harder as it becomes more obvious by the day that FFP is a sham

Serious question because I don't have a clue about FFP.
When do we get out of the sh1t and have some money to buy a centre forward?
Will it take 20 years, next year, 10 years?
When is it all going to go away and let us bask in the safety of 12th or 13th place in the Premier League?

And Chelsea spending 700 million, and Newcastles obvious cooking of the books by selling players to themselves. I honestly don't know why the other 15/16 clubs in this league aren't banging this drum harder as it becomes more obvious by the day that FFP is a sham
Serious question because I don't have a clue about FFP.
When do we get out of the sh1t and have some money to buy a centre forward?
Will it take 20 years, next year, 10 years?
When is it all going to go away and let us bask in the safety of 12th or 13th place in the Premier League?
Our problem doesnt seem to be FFP, to me.

Our problem seems to be no money in the business to buy players.

Our wage bill is fairly high and our income reasonably low, so we do not generate a profit, coupled with vast sums of money needed for the Stadium, means we have very few funds to spend, currently. I assume the hope is to get a few OUTS and then see what we do with the generated funds.

We had our small window and we utterly blew it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back