Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone seen this, was saying it this morning to @Simon Buttle, I suspected Wolves were in trouble with profit and sustainability, then this dropped this PM:

Interesting read but not sure what he’s actually saying, was left with the impression they are either not buying in this window or need to sell (or both) but he’s left it a bit ambiguous imo🤷🏻‍♂️

Serious question because I don't have a clue about FFP.
When do we get out of the sh1t and have some money to buy a centre forward?
Will it take 20 years, next year, 10 years?
When is it all going to go away and let us bask in the safety of 12th or 13th place in the Premier League?
When the Premier Lge wake up to what is happening in Saudi & scrap these ridiculous rules.

1691508941740.webp

United getting 90m a season from Adidas.

Meanwhile we out there getting paid 9m a season from Hummel.

This is why other clubs can spend and we cant.

That figure will now be the benchmark for the other sky darlings like Liverpool, City, Chelsea and Arsenal to get for their sponsorships. Football has been killed by greed, that's just another nail in the coffin. Super league has been here for a while.

Anyone seen this, was saying it this morning to @Simon Buttle, I suspected Wolves were in trouble with profit and sustainability, then this dropped this PM:

Stopped reading when the letter wasn't penned, " You're Chairman". Seriously though nice that he keeps the fans informed... And not just brags about how great he and his board are.

Everton: let's hold an investigation over a stadium payment that has no impact on the P&S after the club has been open and shared everything with the PL.

Forest: Basketcase with 500 players on the books. PL whistles innocently as they look at the sky and the club goes into administration.
Owing 'millions' could easily be 3-4 million which is chicken feed to a PL club. I wouldn't take Daily Fascist clickbait as a basis for forming an opinion on the financial rules and how they're enforced.

For instance, Forest only signed so many players because they got promoted with a squad that was largely made up of players who were either on loan or coming to the end of their contracts. High squad turnovers each season aren't that unusual outside the PL and Forest's long term planning at the time was probably not taking promotion and survival in the PL as a given.

They spent the best part of £200M last season but most of that was on players 25 or under. There was loans and a couple of 1 year deals to bridge a gap and they stayed up. They seem to have reigned it right in this year but are still looking to buy - not exactly the actions of a club with administration hanging over them.

Even if they go down they'll likely be in a better financial position than they were before promotion. Fairly young squad, no ridiculous contracts for past it players, 2 seasons PL TV money and parachute payments on top. And given they only came up last year I'd imagine a lot of the deals they've given out since then have had clauses in as they knew full well a relegation battle was in the offing given their unlikely promotion.

From the outside looking in they don't strike me as a basketcase club.

Owing 'millions' could easily be 3-4 million which is chicken feed to a PL club. I wouldn't take Daily Fascist clickbait as a basis for forming an opinion on the financial rules and how they're enforced.

For instance, Forest only signed so many players because they got promoted with a squad that was largely made up of players who were either on loan or coming to the end of their contracts. High squad turnovers each season aren't that unusual outside the PL and Forest's long term planning at the time was probably not taking promotion and survival in the PL as a given.

They spent the best part of £200M last season but most of that was on players 25 or under. There was loans and a couple of 1 year deals to bridge a gap and they stayed up. They seem to have reigned it right in this year but are still looking to buy - not exactly the actions of a club with administration hanging over them.

Even if they go down they'll likely be in a better financial position than they were before promotion. Fairly young squad, no ridiculous contracts for past it players, 2 seasons PL TV money and parachute payments on top. And given they only came up last year I'd imagine a lot of the deals they've given out since then have had clauses in as they knew full well a relegation battle was in the offing given their unlikely promotion.

From the outside looking in they don't strike me as a basketcase club.
This.

The Mail made up a story and everybody considers it the truth.

NOTTS Forest came into the league with no debts, a low wage bill and a MASSIVE increase in revenue.

They spent less in 3 Windows than Chelsea have this week.

And Chelsea spending 700 million, and Newcastles obvious cooking of the books by selling players to themselves. I honestly don't know why the other 15/16 clubs in this league aren't banging this drum harder as it becomes more obvious by the day that FFP is a sham
Chelsea haven't yet spent 700 million. Deals are spread over years on the books and every club does it. Others know more than me but don't plenty of businesses do it in every industry? Standard accounting practice I'd imagine but I could be very wrong.

They have also shipped out a lot of players for a good chunk of change as well. Add to that that they are commercially light years ahead of us. As bad as it looked last year they've undone quite a bit of it this window and the financial rules are over a period of time rather than one window to another. It may still bite them on the arse in the future but one year on from Boehly's spending is not time enough for any charges to be laid against them.

Not at all sure what you mean by Newcastle 'selling to themselves'. As far as I'm aware they've sold precisely 1 player to a Saudi club since their takeover. Saint Maximin for £27Mish which isn't exactly an eyebrow raising amount.

Chelsea haven't yet spent 700 million. Deals are spread over years on the books and every club does it. Others know more than me but don't plenty of businesses do it in every industry? Standard accounting practice I'd imagine but I could be very wrong.

They have also shipped out a lot of players for a good chunk of change as well. Add to that that they are commercially light years ahead of us. As bad as it looked last year they've undone quite a bit of it this window and the financial rules are over a period of time rather than one window to another. It may still bite them on the arse in the future but one year on from Boehly's spending is not time enough for any charges to be laid against them.

Not at all sure what you mean by Newcastle 'selling to themselves'. As far as I'm aware they've sold precisely 1 player to a Saudi club since their takeover. Saint Maximin for £27Mish which isn't exactly an eyebrow raising amount.
27 mil for a player with 1 goal last season is a bit naff though for an exciting attacking player

almiron would be worth 100 mil based on the goals he scored

A lot of clubs outside the Sky 6/7 are going to find themselves under scrutiny, if not all of them in time.
The thing is to ensure you stay up whilst under spending restrictions.
We managed it last year, have to do it again this.
Big test for Wolves. There was a chap here a couple of seasons back, I thought they were going to make a big breakthrough the way he was going on.
This is how its going to be.
The margins are so tight, a couple of poor signings and you're in it. We made bad signings in groups of ten, you can't get away with that indefinitely, and with a new stadium to be paid for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back