Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
West Ham paid Sheffield United about £25 million for relegating them by using ineligible players quite a while ago.

The FA fined them. Not the league.

Few things with the whole "they'll sue" situation...

They can't sue the club as the league signed off on all our financials.
The hearing is about the 2021/22 accounts, not years prior to that.
The rumour is it's about adjusted earnings before tax.
The league and the club had regular dialogue.
According to the rules, clubs are automatically sent to a independent commission if the rolling 3 year losses are above the threshold. Which are were and the only club in the league to do so.

The hearing won't be about how the club gained an advantage over other clubs via financial rule breaking.

City on the other hand....

The club had to work with the pl to sign players they had to agree what we could spend ect. Also since then club has been cutting back ven what we have spent in 2023 beto is not from this window is next year so we have still spent very little this season. Club is not in a great way with the accounts but that is because of the stadium. They have cut costs of the playing side mina walcott and more

I know that’s what has been claimed, but I find it hard to believe.

I believe EFC consulted with the PL about the application of Covid exceptions that had never been used before, and hadn’t been 100% clarified.

But I really cannot see the PL making financial calculations on behalf of a club so that they can then provide instructions on what they can and cannot spend in between the submission of accounts. It’s not the PL’s job to do that.

I’d expect the PL to simply refer to the rules that all 20 PL clubs have agreed to, and then tell them to make their own calculations that adhere to the agreed rules.

I think it’s totally inappropriate for the PL to do Everton’s job for them, to the point that I don’t think that is what happened.

I believe EFC consulted with the PL about the application of Covid exceptions that had never been used before, and hadn’t been 100% clarified.

But I really cannot see the PL making financial calculations on behalf of a club so that they can then provide instructions on what they can and cannot spend in between the submission of accounts. It’s not the PL’s job to do that.

I’d expect the PL to simply refer to the rules that all 20 PL clubs have agreed to, and then tell them to make their own calculations that adhere to the agreed rules.

I think it’s totally inappropriate for the PL to do Everton’s job for them, to the point that I don’t think that is what happened.
Totally agree.

Its silly to assume that the Premier League "signed off" on accounts that clearly hadnt been fully audited.

Think the club got very lucky with covid and has bent the rules like what chelsea have done with the long contracts 7/8 yr deals for players. Also it has already been said that the club has broke only one rule and that is what we have to face. The league has decided at this time we dont have to answer for what happend over covid, somebody will be able to say more than me about ut.

According to the rules, clubs are automatically sent to a independent commission if the rolling 3 year losses are above the threshold. Which are were and the only club in the league to do so.

The hearing won't be about how the club gained an advantage over other clubs via financial rule breaking.

That's quite an interesting take. I don't if you're right few people know what's happening doubt even The Esk knows. Hence all the free writing speculation nonsense.

The Premier League did however state that Everton were not in breach of regulations at the end of season 2021/2022 when the furore with Leeds, Burnley kicked off.
When I read that statement earlier in the day it got me thinking how that could be of a charge was now on the table.

The only conclusion I can come to is that information submitted in good faith was incorrect.

Now I have absolutley if that’s correct but what else could it be ?

Did they?

Ive looked and I cant find a Statement from the Premier League stating that.

Im not being a penis, I honestly cant find it.

The PL did shut down their original complaint about our losses/spending. This charge/investigation is different to that though.

1) That’s mainly speculation although the PL did say that Everton were compliant
2) Not sure you are right on that one . This is what the statement says:
The assessment period for which it is alleged that the Club is in breach is the period ending Season 2021/22.
So it’s for the three year period 21/22 - 20/21- & 19/20
3) You may be right on that but that could mean a multitude of things.
4) Yes they almost certainly will have done but most of the core accounting information is submitted in good faith and way in advance of the audited accounts
5) That’s correct
6) It won’t be but if the commission rule in the PLs favour then that “ charge” will no doubt be put out there

Filing a lawsuit is easy. Winning a lawsuit is not. It would seem just about impossible when at least 2 of the 3 teams cant actually claim any damages related to the breach, and the fact that they ALL agreed to abide by the very process that is ongoing with the independent commission. The FA has rules. The FA has clearly written procedures or punishments if those rules are not followed. As long as the independent commission is above board and not obviously corrupt its a whole lot of hot air and any judge would laugh it out.

What's the successful argument? "They breached a rule we all agreed through the FA would be referred to an independent commission, the impartial independent commission then ruled on it, but we dont like that ruling so we want you to force them to pay us a lot of money for being relegated in a different year than this happened."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back