Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think nothing can happen with this now. We have been charged with 1 thing. If anything happens other than a fine then they simply have to send Man City down the river. They may relegate them, strip them of titles etc, it opens such a scary door.

If they are saying we have messed up with our spending then they are admitting fault themselves as apparently we did everything with the Premier Leagues approval. If it is to do with the stadium and it’s a foresight or an accounting error then this should not affect anything to do with football such as transfer bans, points deductions etc.

To put finely I don’t think anything can actually happen with this now. And they can’t actually advise the premier league to do anything.

I honestly think nothing can happen with this now. We have been charged with 1 thing. If anything happens other than a fine then they simply have to send Man City down the river. They may relegate them, strip them of titles etc, it opens such a scary door.

If they are saying we have messed up with our spending then they are admitting fault themselves as apparently we did everything with the Premier Leagues approval. If it is to do with the stadium and it’s a foresight or an accounting error then this should not affect anything to do with football such as transfer bans, points deductions etc.

To put finely I don’t think anything can actually happen with this now. And they can’t actually advise the premier league to do anything.
FFP as a set of rules makes little sense overall. A heavy fine for a club in a precarious position would be a bit mad too.

Agree. We'll be fine.

I agree, well presented.
I'd say City, United, Chelsea and Forest and Bournemouth, on the same basis could be done as well.
For the good of the game, some common sense must be used.
UTFTs!

I think the clubs threatening litigation are actually doing us a favour.. no way the PL would want that kind of case and the media circus that will come with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back