Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I often wonder why the club haven't kicked up a fuss over that Niasse booking retrospectively for diving. How can it be that nobody before or since has had it happen.

If that doesn't stink of bias I'm not sure what does.

FFP, we'll be fine, if they set a precedent with us, the likes of Villa need to be watching over their shoulders. We'll no doubt be the one and only club hit by P&S rules and they'll be changed by time City come to court.

I hate this league, wish I could turn off the Everton connection.
Pretty sure a West Ham player also received a ban.

Edit. Lanzini also got given a 2 match ban.

Last edited:
Can't see a points deduction unless some under the counter payments were made to players or manager.

Otherwise, if guilty, I would expect a fine and a two year transfer ban, perhaps second year suspended

As for City, expulsion from the Premier League. EPL lawyers not scared of City's team, having easily won an Appeal Court verdict over making public the charges against City.

I often wonder why the club haven't kicked up a fuss over that Niasse booking retrospectively for diving. How can it be that nobody before or since has had it happen.

FFP, we'll be fine, if they set a precedent with us, the likes of Villa need to be watching over their shoulders. We'll no doubt be the one and only club hit by P&S rules and they'll be changed by time City come to court.

I think there was also a relatively little known West Ham (?) player banned retrospectively for the same, no others. Amazing when all the simulation/cheating has been going on at all clubs to some extent but we are the popular whipping boys

Can't see a points deduction unless some under the counter payments were made to players or manager.

Otherwise, if guilty, I would expect a fine and a two year transfer ban, perhaps second year suspended

As for City, expulsion from the Premier League. EPL lawyers not scared of City's team, having easily won an Appeal Court verdict over making public the charges against City.
A 2 year transfer ban would be v bad! Prob mean relegation in next year or two

Pretty sure a West Ham player also received a ban.

Edit. Lanzini also got given a 2 match ban.
I think there was also a relatively little known West Ham (?) player banned retrospectively for the same, no others. Amazing when all the simulation/cheating has been going on at all clubs to some extent but we are the popular whipping boys
Oh was there, my bad. Thanks chaps.

If the outcome is points deduction , fine or whatever , we should take City's lead and appeal it straight away .
Effectively kicking it down the road until there is a decision on City's outcome.

If we accept it , it would be deemed we are being made an example , then further down the road bet your bottom dollar rules will be changed and City will get away with it.

Accept nothing.

Agree the point about City 100% it’s something that so many keep ignoring in that the ruling in effect gave a green light for the PL to process the whole matter in accordance with the procedure agreed by the clubs! That will send shivers through the powers that be at City because they without doubt have questions to answer re payments of players image rights by a third party and the fact that two contracts appear to be in place.

Remember the view only has to be that there is a probability that these were disguised payments as opossed to they were without doubt

When it comes to the charges they haven’t co operated, they haven’t admitted all they have done is block, complicate and refuse to cooperate

We will probably get charged at some point(Chelsea) due to non disclosed payments to agents but any sanction will be mitigated due to the voluntary disclosure. The issue probably will get complicated if those payments significantly altered the PL Sustainability numbers but as seen from UEFAs ruling on the matter it was a financial penalty so that’s what I expect we will suffer

The only way I can see your sanction being greater than a fine is if the numbers submitted to the PL before the publication of accounts were incorrect. If it’s simply you spent more than you should have that will be one thing A slap on the wrist and maybe a budget to stick to

That said if the PL did indeed, for want of better words, agree a budget for the year in question and you exceeded those numbers then all bets would be off

If we are docked any points we will be sued by Burnley and Leicester as well. I would like to think the panel are considering the potential ripple effect of any penalty
I'm not expecting a points deduction BTW.

IMO we'll get a massive fine or more likely a transfer window embargo.

Points deductions are for going to administration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back