Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Michael Keane

Yeah how can we get a points deduction when we've played with one for the past 5 odd years.

City will have many charges dropped I'm told.

No doubt they won't have to face all the charges but even if they drop 90% of them that'll still be 90% more than what we have.

I honestly don’t think anything will happen. I think we will be found not guilty and that will be that.

This is Everton we are talking about here. It will be a small-ish fine (sub 6 million) and a suspended transfer ban and/or points deduction. As long as we don't transgress in the next two odd years we won't face the dire consequences but to the outside world we would have been made an example of.

Exactly, in many ways the size of City’s transgressions will be our saviour. Our punishment cannot be used huge or they would effectively have to relegate City. No fine or recruitment ban would harm them in any way. If they give us a kick up the arse, then wallop City with a 10 point deduction, they can claim it was a much worse punishment than we got and therefore proportionate.

my main worry is that they will fine us £1,000 and the soft gets at Everton will appeal and end up getting us closed down!

I dunno, if the derby taught us anything it is that what we get given is not dished out evenly the big clubs

A number of teams have been sanctioned for breaching FFP, including Liverpool.
None have had a points deduction.
First to have a number 9
First to have undersoil heating
First and only club to have a player booked for diving in the area

First team to be relagated because of a pints deduction…

Another Everton first

When are we due to hear the outcome?
Hearing expected to conclude later this week, outcome not expected to be published till "next month" which is actually next week. I fully expect the outcome to be common knowledge within a day or two of the hearing ending through Alan Myers, Bobble etc.

First to have a number 9
First to have undersoil heating
First and only club to have a player booked for diving in the area

First team to be relagated because of a pints deduction…

Another Everton first
I often wonder why the club haven't kicked up a fuss over that Niasse booking retrospectively for diving. How can it be that nobody before or since has had it happen.

If that doesn't stink of bias I'm not sure what does.

FFP, we'll be fine, if they set a precedent with us, the likes of Villa need to be watching over their shoulders. We'll no doubt be the one and only club hit by P&S rules and they'll be changed by time City come to court.

I hate this league, wish I could turn off the Everton connection.

I often wonder why the club haven't kicked up a fuss over that Niasse booking retrospectively for diving. How can it be that nobody before or since has had it happen.

If that doesn't stink of bias I'm not sure what does.

FFP, we'll be fine, if they set a precedent with us, the likes of Villa need to be watching over their shoulders. We'll no doubt be the one and only club hit by P&S rules and they'll be changed by time City come to court.

I hate this league, wish I could turn off the Everton connection.

Everton is my heroine , i loves it at first, now it is painful, depressing and I know that it will ruin my weekend….. yet I cannot stop, if I can watch them , I will cancel everything else to watch them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back