Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect what may end up being the fudge is something that sounds really hard like a 12 point deduction, but suspended in case of further breach. Especially if it shown that the PL were closely consulted on our spending because then they are complicit themselves.

In reality Moshiri or 777 don’t have the dough to breach FFP again if they wanted to.

It was said in around May/June something like that, that there can be no points deduction any more against teams - that was in an official report via some official website - problem is i cant remeber where the heck it is to put here lol I think it will be a fine if anything, with maybe a small ban on buying players if anything
It was 'from now on' - i.e. after this case

I suspect what may end up being the fudge is something that sounds really hard like a 12 point deduction, but suspended in case of further breach. Especially if it shown that the PL were closely consulted on our spending because then they are complicit themselves.

In reality Moshiri or 777 don’t have the dough to breach FFP again if they wanted to.
I hope this is the case mate.

From a FAB member on another forum:

...assuming you've got that from the Telegraph article?

The journo who wrote it has tweeted "Premier League demands 12-point deduction as maximum punishment if Everton are found guilty of breaching financial rules. Important to note that final decision will be made by an independent commission. Everton maintain they have complied with the rules"

The club have repeatedly confirmed the same to us (FAB) that they believe they have no case to answer and will be cleared - however I was also told last week (by a non-FAB source) that one of Everton's more recent investors/loaners has been advised that they might get a suspended fine, however they are not expecting a points deduction.

The hearing was originally scheduled to take place tomorrow, however there were various reports that it actually started last week but there has been no official confirmation of that, nor has there been any date stated for when the outcome will be announced.

The journo who wrote it has tweeted "Premier League demands 12-point deduction as maximum punishment if Everton are found guilty of breaching financial rules. Important to note that final decision will be made by an independent commission. Everton maintain they have complied with the rules"

The club have repeatedly confirmed the same to us (FAB) that they believe they have no case to answer and will be cleared - however I was also told last week (by a non-FAB source) that one of Everton's more recent investors/loaners has been advised that they might get a suspended fine, however they are not expecting a points deduction.

The hearing was originally scheduled to take place tomorrow, however there were various reports that it actually started last week but there has been no official confirmation of that, nor has there been any date stated for when the outcome will be announced.

Be interesting to see what sort of punishment Man City will face if this is anything to go by...

I suspect it'll be a suspended points deduction for us.

FAB? Fan Advisory Board?

Be interesting to see what sort of punishment Man City will face if this is anything to go by...

I suspect it'll be a suspended points deduction for us.
It'll be a lot less than the tripe being touted by the Telegraph for sure.

How anyone can believe that source after the last two years of utter tat from them on this issue I don't know.

Basically what they've done is to say: "What can we put out there that'll get attention and clicks? I know, what's the maximum they can hand Everton? 12 points deduction? Great, put that out there and imply it's a done deal".

Don't fall for it. Settle down.

Status
Not open for further replies.