Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

These are the punishments Uefa dole out:

• Vojvodina – fined €10,000 (December 21, 2012)
  • Arsenal Kyiv – fined €45,000 (December 21, 2012)
  • Osijek – fined €100,000 (December 21, 2012)
  • Dinamo București – fined €100,000 (December 21, 2012)
  • Rapid București – fined €100,000 (December 21, 2012). Missed deadline to pay outstanding payments and was handed a one-season ban from European competition (March 31, 2013).
  • Hajduk Split – fined €40,000 (December 21, 2012). Withheld prize money for not paying outstanding payments (September 20, 2013)
  • Malaga – fined €300,000 and handed a one-season ban from European competition (March 31, 2013)
  • Astra Ploiești – withheld prize money for not paying outstanding payments (September 20, 2013)
  • Metalurh Donetsk – withheld prize money for not paying outstanding payments (September 20, 2013). Handed a one-season ban from European competition and fined €80,000 (December 20, 2013).
  • Skonto – withheld prize money for not paying outstanding payments (September 20, 2013). Handed a one-season ban from European competition and fined €40,000 (December 20, 2013).
  • Trabzonspor – withheld prize money for not paying outstanding payments (September 20, 2013)
  • Zrinjski Mostar – withheld prize money for not paying outstanding payments (September 20, 2013)
  • Petrolul Ploiești – handed a one-season ban from European competition and fined €50,000 (December 20, 2013).
  • Pandurii Târgu Jiu – fined €40,000 (December 20, 2013)
  • Śląsk Wrocław – fined €20,000 (December 20, 2013)
  • Anzhi Makhachkala – fined €2 million, of which €1 million was suspended. Squad for UEFA competitions reduced to 21 players, and one-year squad salary restrictions imposed (May 16, 2014)
  • Bursaspor – fined €200,000 fine, and one-year squad salary restrictions imposed (May 16, 2014)
  • Galatasaray – fined €200,000, and one-year squad salary restrictions imposed (May 16, 2014)
  • Levski Sofia – fined €200,000, and one-year squad salary restrictions imposed (May 16, 2014)
  • Rubin Kazan – fined €6 million, of which €3 million was suspended. Squad for UEFA competitions reduced to 21 players, and transfer spending restrictions and two-year squad salary restrictions imposed (May 16, 2014)
  • Trabzonspor – fined €200,000, and one-year squad salary restrictions imposed (May 16, 2014)
  • Zenit Saint Petersburg – fined €12 million fine, of which €6 million was suspended. Squad for UEFA competitions reduced to 22 players, and transfer spending restrictions and two-year squad salary restrictions were imposed (May 16, 2014)
  • Paris Saint-Germain – find €60 million, of which €40 million was suspended. Squad for UEFA competitions reduced to 21 players, and transfer spending restrictions and two-year squad salary restrictions imposed (May 16, 2014)
  • Manchester City – fined €60 million, of which €40 million was suspended. Squad for UEFA competitions reduced to 21 players, and transfer spending restrictions and two-year squad salary restrictions imposed (May 16, 2014)
  • Astana – fined €2 million, of which €1.5 million was suspended. Squad for UEFA competitions reduced to 22 players, and transfer spending restrictions imposed. Required to break even by 2018 (May 20, 2016)
  • Dinamo Zagreb – fined €200,000. Squad for UEFA competitions reduced to 23 players, and required to break even by 2016 (May 20, 2016)
  • Fenerbahçe – fined €7.5 million, of which €5.5 million was suspended. Squad for UEFA competitions reduced to 22 players. Transfer spending restrictions imposed, required to reach a defined employee benefit expenses to revenue ratio, and required to break even by 2019 (May 20, 2016)
  • Trabzonspor – fined €2 million, of which €1 million was suspended. Squad for UEFA competitions reduced to 22 players. Transfer spending restrictions imposed, required to reach a defined employee benefit expenses to revenue ratio, and required to break even by 2018 (May 20, 2016)
  • AC Milan – banned from European competitions for a year (June 28, 2019)

It's useful for context, and if legally challenged will no doubt be used as context. Of the 29 cases, zero have any points deductions. 1 has a year long ban. 19 under 1million fine. For some context.

For a first offence, I'd anticipate the more lenient end on the fines.

The other point in this, is that next years accounts show a profit, and back within the rules.

If the club are smart, they release those accounts publicly next autumn. Our board are thick and they wont, but they should.

The context of sentencing, if a club is back into profitability, and within the rules will seem very odd if its anything more than a warning for a first offence.

I do get the conspiratorial stuff over this, but honestly the PL could have buried us earlier if they wanted to. We have basically navigated the worst years.

One final thought, is that the club and the PL were working closely on this. I wonder if the PL would want the details of those discussions being made public for the government and everyone else to see?

Im confused.

1: It was publicised that we were 'working with the premier league' and opened our books to them.

2: The accounts were passed.

3: Leeds and Burnley complained about accounts which had been passed.

4: Suddenly almost a year after their complaint were charged. Everything passed to an independent committee who will see that the accounts were passed after we worked with the league.

How on earth can passed audited accounts be deemed chargeable?

Makes no sense at all to me.

Im confused.

1: It was publicised that we were 'working with the premier league' and opened our books to them.

2: The accounts were passed.

3: Leeds and Burnley complained about accounts which had been passed.

4: Suddenly almost a year after their complaint were charged. Everything passed to an independent committee who will see that the accounts were passed after we worked with the league.

How on earth can passed audited accounts be deemed chargeable?

Makes no sense at all to me.
The accounts clearly weren't "passed", we submit our accounts, UEFA, The Premier League, The FA, anybody with any powers is free to query our accounts at anytime they please.

Lot of people sticking their head in the sand with this, for them to come for us so publicly is quite a concern.

I can imagine Kenwright deciding to handle the defence himself. He'll end up like one of those loons who starts citing the Magna Carta as a defense strategy.

The tit.
At the moment, we’re maybe looking at a fine.

If Bill presents the defence, he’ll end up getting the club wound-up.

Who do we blame for this? The mainly absent owner who has put all the money in. Or the board who are tasked with running the club efficiently and within the rules?

Protests need to ramp up again.

And I wonder if all the pundits will come out saying it’s unfair to punish the club as that’s effectively punishing the fans. Or it only the scab 6 where they care about the fans?

I can imagine Kenwright deciding to handle the defence himself. He'll end up like one of those loons who starts citing the Magna Carta as a defense strategy.

The tit.
🤣 can you imagine it…. Him in the dock teary eyed dropping all the boys pen & Uncle Cyril stories to a yawning panel of arbitrators….. ‘and then I put Sir Alex on the phone to my 89 year old mother…..’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back