Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do we blame for this? The mainly absent owner who has put all the money in. Or the board who are tasked with running the club efficiently and within the rules?

Protests need to ramp up again.

And I wonder if all the pundits will come out saying it’s unfair to punish the club as that’s effectively punishing the fans. Or it only the scab 6 where they care about the fans?
Dele Alli for me.

Im confused.

1: It was publicised that we were 'working with the premier league' and opened our books to them.

2: The accounts were passed.

3: Leeds and Burnley complained about accounts which had been passed.

4: Suddenly almost a year after their complaint were charged. Everything passed to an independent committee who will see that the accounts were passed after we worked with the league.

How on earth can passed audited accounts be deemed chargeable?

Makes no sense at all to me.

I have so many thoughts on this, and I really don’t know what I perceive to be correct.

But this could also be the Premier League either being promoted by our relegation rivals, or being pro active ahead of any future advance from our rivals (we know Leeds did last year), to prevent them from doing their research.

I don’t think the Premier League want to sanction us. The EFL are the ones we need to be hugely concerned by. The Premier League have set a precedence to all the other teams if they dock us points, which ultimately could occur with Man City… and after their little power grab with the ESL, they really hold all the power.

Whilst we’d all love it, for the Premier League, if they lost their 6 main sources of revenue, they’d be finished. Their 30 years of hard work, seemingly undone instantly. That’s why I’m relaxed about what will happen to us.

Anything but relaxed about how we’ve managed to get ourselves into this mess!

The accounts clearly weren't "passed", we submit our accounts, UEFA, The Premier League, The FA, anybody with any powers is free to query our accounts at anytime they please.

Lot of people sticking their head in the sand with this, for them to come for us so publicly is quite a concern.
I mean I’m no accountant but they reeked as being dodgy as from day one . I was shocked we were told they passed , this feels like it was always going to happen and I’d expect something down the road for the likes of Leicester.

We could moan and gnash our teeth , to a degree the rules are ridiculous, but it feels inevitable that we’d have broken the rules . It obviously won’t be this year , it’s one charge , we’ve tried to rectify our position, we’ve got ‘covid ‘ to factor in etc…

Got to just take it on the chin I suppose

Just a quick question, I'm not sure how this can be right. And Year 0 in your projection is a 13m loss. And we did not fail STCC. So surely Year 3 just as to be better than -13m?

Not sure what you mean mate, year 3 - we don’t have yet - that comes out next week will be added to the years I posted above for a complete three year cycle we are being assed for. All three years must come in at 105 mill.

Last edited:
Im confused.

1: It was publicised that we were 'working with the premier league' and opened our books to them.

2: The accounts were passed.

3: Leeds and Burnley complained about accounts which had been passed.

4: Suddenly almost a year after their complaint were charged. Everything passed to an independent committee who will see that the accounts were passed after we worked with the league.

How on earth can passed audited accounts be deemed chargeable?

Makes no sense at all to me.

Simple answer is we are a year advanced mate, Burnley and Leeds questioned are compliance with 20/21 and we were working with the PL then.

In March last year we would have had to sent them the projections for 21/22, looks like the accounts hit this month and maybe don’t match the projections.

The period in question is the summer of Rafael 21 - June 22 - selling Richarlison.

It’s also a combination of years, so conceivably our accounts could be better than the year before and we could still be breach.

Who do we blame for this? The mainly absent owner who has put all the money in. Or the board who are tasked with running the club efficiently and within the rules?

Protests need to ramp up again.

And I wonder if all the pundits will come out saying it’s unfair to punish the club as that’s effectively punishing the fans. Or it only the scab 6 where they care about the fans?
Been having this argument with a mate of mine.

You could blame the majority shareholder for not firing/strengthening the board. Maybe he's just a trusting, bumbling idiot who believes Kenwright and Co when they tell him everything is under control.

They only people LEGALLY responsible for the running of Everton are the board of directors, led by everyones favourite Evertonian.

That's where the anger needs to be focused. More than ever.

Not sure what you mean mate, year 3 - we don’t have yet - that comes out next week will be added to the years I posted above for a complete three year cycle we are being assed for. All three years must come in at 105 mill.
It's a 3 year rolling cycle so yes we're adding the new year but the oldest year is dropping off. That oldest year was a 13m loss so the new year just has to equal or better that 13m loss to be compliant. In theory.

Here’s where Everton do an Everton.

This drags on. We get to the end of this season and survive. We stay in the league and get rid/sell a few players in the summer. Mina, Gbamin, Gomes, Braithwaite, Davies.
Dyche signs some players and we become this big horrible physical team like Burnley but with better players. We start next season really well, we are in the Champions League spot ahead of Liverpool.

Unbelievable. Everton finish 4th! Boom, a European ban is this punishment for this rule break. We leave Goodison into our new stadium, aptly named The Bill Kenwright Bowl, a load of players leave because they want European football, Liverpool get awarded the Champions League spot ahead of us and in 30 years time we will all look back and say, ‘we was banned from Europe again’ and ‘that was the moment’.

I have so many thoughts on this, and I really don’t know what I perceive to be correct.

But this could also be the Premier League either being promoted by our relegation rivals, or being pro active ahead of any future advance from our rivals (we know Leeds did last year), to prevent them from doing their research.

I don’t think the Premier League want to sanction us. The EFL are the ones we need to be hugely concerned by. The Premier League have set a precedence to all the other teams if they dock us points, which ultimately could occur with Man City… and after their little power grab with the ESL, they really hold all the power.

Whilst we’d all love it, for the Premier League, if they lost their 6 main sources of revenue, they’d be finished. Their 30 years of hard work, seemingly undone instantly. That’s why I’m relaxed about what will happen to us.

Anything but relaxed about how we’ve managed to get ourselves into this mess!
Think you've hit the nail. They can't really do anything the back lash from years gone would be huge.

How we got ourselves into this mess is simple. Crap advice Crap guidance Crap board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back