Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im confused.

1: It was publicised that we were 'working with the premier league' and opened our books to them.

2: The accounts were passed.

3: Leeds and Burnley complained about accounts which had been passed.

4: Suddenly almost a year after their complaint were charged. Everything passed to an independent committee who will see that the accounts were passed after we worked with the league.

How on earth can passed audited accounts be deemed chargeable?

Makes no sense at all to me.
I can't believe that they actually cleared us last season after Leeds and Burnley both complained and stated we were fully in accordance with P&S rules and now a year later we aren't. The sheer incompetence of it is breathtaking.

In a strange way though, they set the precedent. It will not take a huge lawyer to say, 1 breach, in Covid related seasons, is a lot less minor than 100 breaches over 10 years.

It may be the PL may be benchmarking too. If we accept say a suspended sentence (and agree to get accounts in order within set time frame) it gives an anchor for the PL to work off with City.

I'm hoping it's that. Like I've said before, it's not going to take much of a loss for last season to tip us over that rolling threshold again, even by a little bit. So by the rules they have to send us to the independent commission for a review. If they didn't, all the clubs in the league would question the rules.

As we've apparently been transparent and cooperated with the league over that time and are continuing to reduce the losses, you'd think the committee will just fine us.

Almost like a fine and suspended sentence for good behaviour.

I would hope that a points deduction isn’t going to happen, because as others have said, that wouldn’t seem to fit with previous sanctions imposed on other clubs, but then again this is the prem league we’re talking about sooooooooo
39BD30F9-B731-4EB3-9719-6BF1E9401D0B.webp

Someone on this thread before said that the accounts were due to be made public at the end of this month…..is it possible that the club disclose these privately to the PL in advance and it’s these latest set of accounts that have triggered yesterdays action?

The hilarious thing for me is still the timing. We have hired a new manager and just started to play okay again, winning and drawing a few games in the process. Other teams around us still look in a worse position than us quality wise and we have risen upto 15th.

It’s now the international break and what better way than to stick another one at Everton than realising this news. This is simply to stir the media pot up again and try to affect how we perform on the pitch. You can almost guarantee if we were bottom of the league on say 6 points, this news would of only come out at the end of the season.

The facts are, since the war in Ukraine, the FA, the premier league, have wanted us gone because of what we represent. We represent a billionaire Russian owner who has used an Iranian front man to buy a company, spend loads and try and disrupt the top 6, which obviously never worked. But since the war, it’s been ‘let’s get Everton’. We have had numerous decisions go against us, Frank was fined for questioning the decisions, the club was fined for the pitch invasion, we haven’t been able to spend any money, now one more nail in the coffin. It’s almost laughable.

Just to let you know mate. People on Twitter are laughing at this

Someone on this thread before said that the accounts were due to be made public at the end of this month…..is it possible that the club disclose these privately to the PL in advance and it’s these latest set of accounts that have triggered yesterdays action?

They had projections of our accounts in March 2022, we had to give them the full accounts at the start of March - the PL has them since then mate.

Incredible really that the Finance Director, CEO, Chairman and Majority Shareholder of a multi multi million pound organisation have allowed things to get to this point.

Their utter incompetence will burn this neigh-on 150 year old institution to the ground.
What I am flabbergasted at is their valuation impact on losses due to a deflated transfer market caused by Covid,,,,,something like 80 odd million….the next highest was Villa at 13m and some clubs didn’t include in their accounts…..that’s just desperate - I really can’t get my head around why they thought that was ok to make that number up. It’s absurd.

Wow… When will this sh.tshow of a carousel stop so I can get off?! 🤦‍♂️

Our accounts showed that our losses exceeded the allowable acceptable amount over a 3 year period?!

Our owner is a qualified chartered accountant who spent a fair amount of time at Deloittes and Touche in auditing. Add to that, he saved Usmanov billions by structuring his accounts for his companies.
The fact that he let our accounts deteriorate beyond the maximum acceptable loses, over 3 years no less, just shows that not only are the board incompetent, but that they don’t give enough of a toss to actually manage the accounts properly.

They had projections of our accounts in March 2022, we had to give them the full accounts at the start of March - the PL has them since then mate.
Cheers….as a Neanderthal in these matters, I wonder what has caused them to take action then….the complaints registered by Leeds and Burnley were at the tail end of last season. I know there has been come transfer activity in the close season, but our net spend is negative in the last year, and I would have thought our general expenditure has reduced

Last edited:
Cheers….as a Neanderthal in these matters, I wonder what has caused them to take action then….the complaints registered by Leeds and Burnley were at the tail end of last season. I know there has been come transfer activity in the close season, but outputs net spend is negative in the last year, and I would have thought our general expenditure has reduced

Its a bit frustrating mate, no one knows for certain as we wont see the accounts for the year they have a prob with until next week, the year they have issue was was the Benitez summer up to the sale of Richarlison - so they were fine with the year Leeds and Burnley complained about - though prob did us no favor's in terms of scrutiny.

Our spending and losses prob has reduced, but we still be in breach - the business' lost £120 mill the year before - so question is did we save 120 mill last season...

We can't have Everton getting a new stadium and getting taken over like man city, the big wigs in the top six couldn't handle that, and we were against the super League so we are in the bad books.all these var decisions going against us can't be a coincidence.

Not sure losing £100m about 5 years in a row is an outward sign of a conspiracy, to be honest. All on the board this, hopefully heads roll and a full clean sweep of the boardroom starting with Bill.

Yes we broke one of the same rules. City broke numerous rules.

Source: https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...-financial-rules-premier-league-b2276582.html

"

Man City’s alleged breaches of Premier League rules

1. In respect of each of Seasons 2009/10 to 2017/18 inclusive, the Premier League Rules applicable in those seasons that required provision by a member club to the Premier League, in the utmost good faith, of accurate financial information that gives a true and fair view of the club’s financial position, in particular with respect to its revenue (including sponsorship revenue), its related parties and its operating costs, namely:

(a) for Season 2009/10, Premier League Rules B.13, C.71, C.72, C.75 (amended to C.79 from 10 September 2009 for the remainder of Season 2009/10) and C.80;

(b) for Season 2010/11, Premier League Rules B.13, C.78, C.79, C.86 and C.87;

(c) for Season 2011/12, Premier League Rules B.13, E.3, 4, E.11 and E.12;

(d) for Season 2012/13, Premier League Rules 16, E.3, E.4, E.11 and E.12;

(e) for Season 2013/14, Premier League Rules 15, E.3, E.4, E.11, E.12 and E.49;

(f) for Season 2014/15, Premier League Rules 16, E.3, E.4, E.11, E.12 and E.50;

(g) for Season 2015/16, Premier League Rules 16, E.3, E.4, E.11, E.12 and E.50;

(h) for Season 2016/17, Premier League Rules16, E.3, E.4, E.11, E.12 and E.51;

(i) for Season 2017/18, Premier League Rules B.16, 3, E.4, E.11, E.12 and E.51.

2. In respect of:

(a) each of Seasons 2009/10 to 2012/13 inclusive, the Premier League Rules applicable in those Seasons requiring a member club to include full details of manager remuneration in its relevant contracts with its manager, namely:

(1) for Seasons 2009/10 to 2011/12 inclusive, Premier League Rules Q.7 and Q.8; and

(2) for Season 2012/13, Premier League Rules P.7 and P.8;

(b) each of Seasons 2010/11 to 2015/16 inclusive, the Premier League Rules applicable in those Seasons requiring a member club to include full details of player remuneration in its relevant contracts with its players, namely:

(1) for Seasons 2010/11 and 2011/12, Premier League Rules K.12 and K.20;

(2) for Season 2012/13, Premier League Rules T.12 and T.20;

(3) for Seasons 2013/14 and 2014/15, Premier League Rules T.12 and T.19; and

(4) for Season 2015/16, Premier League Rules T.13 and T.20.

3. In respect of each of Seasons 2013/14 to 2017/18 inclusive, the Premier League Rules applicable in those Seasons requiring a member club to comply with UEFA’s regulations, including UEFA’s Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations, namely:

(a) for Season 2013/14, Premier League Rule B.14.6

(b) for Seasons 2014/15 to 2017/18 inclusive, Premier League Rule B.15.6.

4. In respect of each of the Seasons 2015/16 to 2017/18 inclusive, the Premier League Rules applicable in those Seasons on Profitability and Sustainability, namely:

(a) for Season 2015/16, Premier League Rules E.52 to E.60; and

(b) for Seasons 2016/17 and 2017/18, Premier League Rules E.53 to E.60.

5. In respect of the period from December 2018 to date, the Premier League Rules applicable in the relevant Seasons requiring a member club to cooperate with, and assist, the Premier League in its investigations, including by providing documents and information to the Premier League in the utmost good faith, namely:

(a) for Season 2018/19, Premier League Rules B.16, B.19, W.1, W.2, W.12 and W.13;

(b) for Season 2019/20, Premier League Rules B.16, B.19, W.1, W.2, W.12 and W.13;

(c) for Season 2020/21, Premier League Rules B.16, B.19, W.1, W.2, W.12 and W.13;
"

That list of city's supposed indiscretions is absolutely mad, to be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back