Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.

I know what they’re trying to do. They’re trying to show they’re fighting, almost I the Everton ethos that isn’t it? But they’ve just got it wrong, so wrong once again, it’s staggering how inept they are.
No, I think it's more than that. They've been cutting our spending back to the bone in conjunction with the PL for the last year, so there's probably a sense of injustice you're reading that they have been referred.

It could also just be part of the pantomime act: the PL looking tough on this and Everton raecting with concern.

Dont forget, for all the talk of an 'independent' commission it's in fact only the chair who'll be indepnedent. The three person panel are taken from the PL's own 15 man judiciary team and they will know exactly how hard the club has been working this season and last to get back on track.

There has to be a sense of PL passing this on to an outside body to avoid being seen as waving stuff through, but the reality is that the PL will have their fingerprints all over any decision made.

I dont know, maybe we get a transfer embargo for a window, but even that seems too draconian to me. A massive fine is favourite.

Just putting us on notice to discourage who ever loses the ManUre bid from buying out Mosh.
That’s my curveball reason for this announcement right here and now.

So the premier league introduces its own profit and sustainability rules yet needs an independent commission to tell them whether a club has breached them or not? Beyond farcical
As I said above, the Commission is anything but independent in reality. 3 quarters of it will be from the PL's own judiciary panel.

Also, bear in mind that the 'independent' commission then hears two arguments: the PL's for referring it and Everton's defence against referral.

The PL are right at the heart of the process. They can present their case however they want and press as hard or soft as they want for a certain outcome. If the club and PL have been working together over the past 12 to 18 months and the club taking its guidance from them it'd be very strange if the made a case for anything draconian.

The timing of this is strange, the team is picking up points, people are out to get us.

Its the Usmanov connection 100%

Officials/Govt are desperate to see us fall. I guarantee nothing will be done when the Saudi's dope Newcastle with Saudi sponsers this summer and spend another £200+ millions because we supply arms to them.

Screw em - no matter what happens they'll never be able to take our BMD away which has been killing them and their Kopite overlords for years.

I’ve lost track of how many posts in this and many other threads have slagged off the board and called for their removal/retirement/being strung up from the nearest lamppost etc etc., criticising their sheer incompetence over many years.
Now shouting ‘Sack the board’ every 5 minutes is all very well, but if that is you, just who do you think will replace them? Please don’t say ‘there are billionaires everywhere who would jump at the chance to own this historic club, blah blah blah’.
Give me some real names.

Very odd one this as, according to the Times, PL have had our audited accounts since March 1st (due to be made public on 31st) which apparently show substantial reductions in losses due to sale of Richarlison etc AND we are allowed to offset infrastructure costs (ie BMD) and the suspension of USM sponsorship due to the Russian invasion should also figure.

As I said above, the Commission is anything but independent in reality. 3 quarters of it will be from the PL's own judiciary panel.

Also, bear in mind that the 'independent' commission then hears two arguments: the PL's for referring it and Everton's defence against referral.

The PL are right at the heart of the process. They can present their case however they want and press as hard or soft as they want for a certain outcome. If the club and PL have been working together over the past 12 to 18 months and the club taking its guidance from them it'd be very strange if the made a case for anything draconian.
I thought the same Dave, the club have made lots of noises in the last couple of seasons when big losses were published that they were working with the authorities to assure compliance, for that same authority to then refer to an independent arbiter suggest either an 'independent' rubber stamping of their decision or of appeasing the complaining clubs by being seen to be doing something. If the club have indeed sought advice and are then punished by anything other than a (relatively) nominal fine, I would expect that this would roll on for quite some time.

Times also reporting that Bournemouth has a wage bill of £61.4m on a turnover of £53.2m

Surely that should exercise the PL more albeit I know losses have to exceed £105m averaged over three years

Not sure losing £100m about 5 years in a row is an outward sign of a conspiracy, to be honest. All on the board this, hopefully heads roll and a full clean sweep of the boardroom starting with Bill.

The PL have been very lenient up to this point, Leeds and Burnley were threatening to take it to court while the PL didn't act.

Why now is the question.

Times also reporting that Bournemouth has a wage bill of £61.4m on a turnover of £53.2m

Surely that should exercise the PL more albeit I know losses have to exceed £105m averaged over three years

I must be missing sommet. But they get double that from the TV money alone. Unless thats their Championship accounts/income.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back