Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve lost track of how many posts in this and many other threads have slagged off the board and called for their removal/retirement/being strung up from the nearest lamppost etc etc., criticising their sheer incompetence over many years.
Now shouting ‘Sack the board’ every 5 minutes is all very well, but if that is you, just who do you think will replace them? Please don’t say ‘there are billionaires everywhere who would jump at the chance to own this historic club, blah blah blah’.
Give me some real names.

I have no issue with fans who attend the protests / organise movements against the board banging the drum as fair play.

Its the fans who just moan constantly on ere/social media, labelling other fans happy clappers and claiming we're standing around and letting the club be killed by cowboys etc. who when asked do they attend the protests or organise any groups turn around and say "no lad" 🤦‍♂️

Is it correct to say we haven’t been charged, just referred to an independent commission.

If so does that not say that the PL were satisfied but because they keep getting legal letters from (likely the relegated) clubs, they want a fig leaf to hide behind.

I thought the same Dave, the club have made lots of noises in the last couple of seasons when big losses were published that they were working with the authorities to assure compliance, for that same authority to then refer to an independent arbiter suggest either an 'independent' rubber stamping of their decision or of appeasing the complaining clubs by being seen to be doing something. If the club have indeed sought advice and are then punished by anything other than a (relatively) nominal fine, I would expect that this would roll on for quite some time.

Yes. The PL are still in almost full control of this process. If they want to they can indicate to the Commission (in effect their own body of people on that commission) to hammer Everton. But then yould wonder why they'd do that.

It's procedure this: outside pressure to be seen to be acting has got us here. And when all is said and done two of their member clubs have demanded an investigation and they've got to come through with one that gets seen to be concluded 'independently'.

I'm more arsed about our morale this season than this referral case to a commission. Spurs is my only focus right now. Three points required. That's my concern. This 'case' will take care of itself.

I’ve lost track of how many posts in this and many other threads have slagged off the board and called for their removal/retirement/being strung up from the nearest lamppost etc etc., criticising their sheer incompetence over many years.
Now shouting ‘Sack the board’ every 5 minutes is all very well, but if that is you, just who do you think will replace them? Please don’t say ‘there are billionaires everywhere who would jump at the chance to own this historic club, blah blah blah’.
Give me some real names.

I think you're confusing yourself.

1. Why would replacing the board require a new owner considering the owner doesn't even sit on the BOD?

2. Even if your weren't tying yourself in knots; why should anyone on here have to give names? What possible point does that kind of speculation serve? For you to pooh pooh them I assume?

Yes. The PL are still in almost full control of this process. If they want to they can indicate to the Commission (in effect their own body of people on that commission) to hammer Everton. But then yould wonder why they'd do that.

It's procedure this: outside pressure to be seen to be acting has got us here. And when all is said and done two of their member clubs have demanded an investigation and they've got to come through with one that gets seen to be concluded 'independently'.

I'm more arsed on our morale this season than this referral case to a commission. Spurs isa my only concern right now. Three points required. That's my concern.

I think a lot comes down to scope to be honest in terms of punishment. If we are marginally in breach or the PL and Everton have a different interruption on what is a cost and we can mount a robust defence - the punishment will likely be minimal if at all.

If we've taken the urine again and lost 70 mill this year and tried to argue it away on Covid, then it will be more severe.

All comes down to the accounts we haven't seen yet mind - this years loss is the key number.

Wet farts can sometimes be catastrophic
trump-diarhea.jpg

Poor Donny Trump.
One catastrophic wet fart if ever there was one.

I think a lot comes down to scope to be honest in terms of punishment. If we are marginally in breach or the PL and Everton have a different interruption on what is a cost and we can mount a robust defence - the punishment will likely be minimal if at all.

If we've taken the urine again and lost 70 mill this year and tried to argue it away on Covid, then it will be more severe.

All comes down to the accounts we haven't seen yet mind - this years loss is the key number.

Yes, but there'd surely be context too: the likely in-roads made this season will form part of any decision on punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back