Fiorentina v Everton - 6th March

Status
Not open for further replies.
i remember boro coming back from a hiding a couple of years ago an getting through.

so all is not lost yet.

It's one thing to lose against a better team but I don't think they were that good tonight. They just did the basics well. Basics like passing it to one another and controlling the ball well.

I'm torn between thinking this was just an off night or an unfortunately typical English display against technical adept opponents.

Ok so...to some up - [Poor language removed]. Fiorentina played well? Mayeb but only because we played [Poor language removed] - waht was wrong with the players??

Howard i thought had a good game, its a shame he had to time waste, and that he never kicked the defence up the arse a couple of times in the second half.

Jagielka was having a good match in defence, but i cant remember a pass he made on the floor to a midfield player, it seemed all he did was hoof it up.

Yobo - Some [Poor language removed] clearances, some good tackesl though

Hibbert - Wasnt doing bad and hten he got subbed - why not sub neville??

Neville was [Poor language removed] the whole match - his passing was worse than normal.

Carsley much the same as neville.

Cahill - He played alright, kept giving fouls away though.

Pienaar - I was shocked to see him on the pitch at 90 minutes and 30 seconds, not because i thoguht he played bad, but because i didnt know he was playing in the second half i honestly thought he had been subbed or something.

Osman much the same as pienaar.

Yakubu - Back to his lazy ways in the second half, wouldnt even chase the ball to get a corner or anything. Not a shot either.

Arteta - played 30 minutes of play and had the most shots in the match - 2. He was alright, shouldve played the full match

Moyes - Gto his tactics wrong tonight, shouldve played a 4-4-2 and done his scouting abit better - he said the right side of fiorentina was the best, it was a shame that he was wrong, it was the left side david. And why not bring anichebe on in the last ten minutes for yakubu who didnt do anything?

Were out of the Uefa cup unless we score 2 goals and keep a clean sheet - impossible. Reckon i can get a refund on my ticket?

I haven't seen us play that badly since the Kharkiv tie... and unfortunately these guys are far better than them.

thats what i was trying to say earlier bruce we struggled with a team that can pass/keep the ball. most prem teams cant do that.

We can definitely bounce back from this defeat next Wednesday. When Arteta came on we looked a lot better and at home starting with AJ and Yak up front we can surely put them to the test. 2-0 is a tough ask, but COYB!!!

I think Moyes shouls go all out in the next tie - 4-2-4 anyone? :lol: seeing as we had no midfield today i dont think there would be much difference!! But seriously Moyes needs to change this for the match on wednesday, 4-4-2 is the way to go

Fiorentina didn't play well, they were there for the taking.

We were shocking. Really wish Moyes would stop playing Neville in centre midfield.

That was quite simply awful to the point of rage, we got what we deserved tonight. The thing that really stuck out to me, was how poor Neville and Carsley are against good opponents, i stick up for the lads for their graft, but tonight was glaringly obvious to all, they cant trap or pass a ball and should never feature in the middle together again. As for the tie, truethly honest i dont give us much chance, Chelsea comes to mind in the 2nd leg, we need the biggest performance of the season yet. BANG CRASH BACK TO EARTH.

who would be your midfeild in the 4-4-2?

Team that should have started tonight

Howard
Neville Jagielka Yobo Lescott
Carsley
Arteta Osman Cahill Pienaar
Yakubu

If it didn't work, then Cahill off for AJ with Anichebe on for Yak later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back