• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Football is coming home, Euro 2024 Final, England v Spain(Sunday 8pm)

Still not got a clue what you are saying….

Kane has been mediocre for the last 3 tournaments.

Same style same play…. He is quite simply a Hinderance to this England team.

People go on about his goals… any half decent striker will score the type of goals he does.

You say he is that good…. He goes to the team that he dominated German football for 10+ years and still doesn’t win anything…

Unlucky or just not that good… I’ll go for the latter.
Learn to read, it might help.

People go on about a striker's goals - of which he scores a lot - and that's bad how exactly? It's literally his job? :lol: We would absolutely kill to have someone score 25 goals for us this year - he was doing it for Tottenham quite a lot too, for years, consistently.

Don't think he was the sole reason Bayern didn't win the title this year mate, probably down to a team not losing all season, but it's fine to think that for some reason. He only scored 44 goals in 45 games, so he's clearly not good and it's all luck :lol:

Rodri the most vital and irreplaceable player in football went off at halftime and his team played far better and won the game. This is somehow proof of his value. It’s a weird day to be taking this stance!
I’m not sure they did? Between Shaw’s incorrect pressure and Walkers walkabout on the first goal, and Stones tuning out for the 2nd, they were the 2nd best side in the 2nd half. The first goal from them was good, the 2nd was just inexcusable from England.

Having said that, are we really debating the merits of one of the most important players in the 4 times champions side at City and also won the Nations League and Euros internationally? There’s not a better pllayer in his position anywhere in the world.

Regardless o
Learn to read, it might help.

People go on about a striker's goals - of which he scores a lot - and that's bad how exactly? It's literally his job? :lol: We would absolutely kill to have someone score 25 goals for us this year - he was doing it for Tottenham quite a lot too, for years, consistently.

Don't think he was the sole reason Bayern didn't win the title this year mate, probably down to a team not losing all season, but it's fine to think that for some reason. He only scored 44 goals in 45 games, so he's clearly not good and it's all luck :lol:
no worries mate….

Football isn’t for everyone.

Just to add what did Tottenham win? Weeerrlllddd class. 😂

I've said it before but without doubt the absolute best thing about England getting to consecutive finals is seeing how obsessed and triggered the "home nation" goblins get

I seen a Scottish guy on my feed watching the game in a Spain shirt. Utterly hilarious stuff. Absolutely love it.

It’s only like Everton fans cheering on Real Madrid in finals against Liverpool. They don’t like us, aren’t really relevant in their own right, so get involved by cheering on our opponents. Let’s face it, none of them are ever making a final, so it’s nice they can get involved and enjoy it in some small way.

I’m not sure they did? Between Shaw’s incorrect pressure and Walkers walkabout on the first goal, and Stones tuning out for the 2nd, they were the 2nd best side in the 2nd half. The first goal from them was good, the 2nd was just inexcusable from England.

Having said that, are we really debating the merits of one of the most important players in the 4 times champions side at City and also won the Nations League and Euros internationally? There’s not a better pllayer in his position anywhere in the world.
The incorrect pressure on the first goal was a direct result from a more dynamic set of midfielders though.

Regardless for me creating big chances didn’t happen in the first half and did in the second. Not sure how that isn’t them playing better. And not it wasn’t lucky.

My whole thing is that to be truly good in that role you’ve either got to be penetrating or disruptive. Rodri is neither. Jorginho is neither. Busquets was neither.
Bed, honestly.

Busquest ranked amongst the top (or literally the top) in Europe for pass completion%, tackles won/attempted, interceptions and also had quite a few assists just about every season.

The other two aren't fit to lace his boots, true, but wow. With @Nymzee on this one.

Regardless o

no worries mate….

Football isn’t for everyone.

Just to add what did Tottenham win? Weeerrlllddd class. 😂
So, to ask you for the 5th time, what was your suggestion?

Which striker did you have who's won loads lately mate? And also scores goals (even though that's of no value to you for some reason)?

The incorrect pressure on the first goal was a direct result from a more dynamic set of midfielders though.

Regardless for me creating big chances didn’t happen in the first half and did in the second. Not sure how that isn’t them playing better. And not it wasn’t lucky.
The guy who replaced him was on the pitch for two minutes and made one pass. I’d sit this one out.

I did! Still do!

There’s a thread in the ale house about what your role was when you played growing up and it clicked for me because this is exactly how i played. We played 4-1-4-1 and I was the DM. I’m crap. But when we overmatched the team I was awesome. Move the ball, win some headers, give it to the guys that can play a bit and just dominate a game. Then when it’s hard there is absolutely nothing you can do to fix it.

So yeah probably need therapy or something to sort that all out but I think it’s why I despise that role, because I’m so personally aware of how fraudulent you can be to fill it.
Dude that’s nuts

Bed, honestly.

Busquest ranked amongst the top (or literally the top) in Europe for pass completion%, tackles won/attempted, interceptions and also had quite a few assists just about every season.

The other two aren't fit to lace his boots, true, but wow. With @Nymzee on this one.
Tbf on that I may be weighing in later career legs gone Busquets too heavily.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back