• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Football is coming home, Euro 2024 Final, England v Spain(Sunday 8pm)

Not got a clue what you are saying?

You comparing both players being in the box during corners with the play they have when they are further up the pitch?

Confused sorry
Okay mate here:

Harry Kane - big, strong, good vision; play the ball to him as the #9 he is for his club and in all games in the qualifiers for this tournament. Preferably play a team that will get the ball to him - see how Spain set up for Alvaro Morata - get the ball through Morata, who stays up front. Failing that, use the fact he'll be marked by at least one player and get the attacking midfielder who plays behind him to come into the box and dictate play a bit more, as he's gonna be a bit more free, and you'll also have wingers attacking the box and chucking crosses in. Also have him stay as a focal point (like, again, Morata, who is an actual mascot of a player at this point) even when you're defending so you have someone to hold up the ball using his physicality, which Kane has. Makes sense so far, right? I hope anyway.

What actually happens: Kane drops deep to actually play with the ball as he has no support, the ball never gets to him up front, there's no crosses to him at all; the attacking mid isn't behind him, they are actually 2 and they're both out wide. He's getting the "Pickford special" of the ball being aimed at his massive head, to head it down for Foden who isn't the type of player at all himself and then run the channels so he can cross it, sadly he can't cross it to himself in the box. During corners you have everyone back in the box and the hope is that Kane blocks shots instead of starting attacks (which is exactly what happens for his club 99% of the time).

Then Kane gets subbed off, and you have the exact same situation with literally anyone else - Watkins had even less impact in the time he played this time and he barely touched the ball himself too.

That said, he's been mediocre this entire tournament, as have literally all the outfield players, and they've all made stupid mistakes and played like they want to go home early but sleepwalked to a final.

Southgate is a football terrorist.

Joint highest rating from the Guardian, is the world ending !

Jordan Pickford Superb distribution to set up equaliser. Not at fault for goals and potentially match-saving save from Lamine Yamal. 7

Rodri the most vital and irreplaceable player in football went off at halftime and his team played far better and won the game. This is somehow proof of his value. It’s a weird day to be taking this stance!
If you understood football you would know that generally games open up more in the second half as teams tire. But since you have never played the game I wouldn’t expect you to understand. Rhodri has lost 1 game in 75. I would put money on that being the best record in history.

If you understood football you would know that generally games open up more in the second half as teams tire. But since you have never played the game I wouldn’t expect you to understand. Rhodri has lost 1 game in 75. I would put money on that being the best record in history.
Yeah whatever, he’s literally the only functional DM on City so when he’s out they lose because it’s like Bernardo Silva trying to do that job. If City had Gueye as backup it’d not look nearly as impressive.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back