Forgive me Farhad, for I have sinned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ladz im not cristian but i think i give a good effort. dear mosh forgive me something something something daily bread forgive us from tresspass an those who tresspass. an those who deliver from evil amen x

I've never waivered, even when we sold Ball or through the Walker wilderness of 40 days and nights I kept my faith. I did however allow myself a second team, it was Chelsea in the early 1970s no issues with buying another kit and they just seemed a very cool side. My RS cousin had Palace, what a bell

First game I went to was Liverpool in the kop with my older brother, I think against Notts Forest, when I was 9. Couldn't see a thing, people pissing in each others pockets and on the floor where they stood, rolling forward every time there was an attempt on goal. Hated every minute.

Second time was Liverpool v Bayern Munich in 1970. My dad had tickets for the whole family (7) (6 kopites and me) and the only reason I went was because I knew he would be fish and chips for everyone. I was already seeing the light and leaning towards EFC but to get my Fish & Chips I had to sign a declaration written by my brother in green spirograph ink that I would follow Liverpool from then on.

I duly signed, went the game, sat in what is now the centenary stand, got my fish and chips, went home and started supporting Everton from the next morning. My father disowned me, refused to give me pocket money until Sunday so I couldn't spend it on watching Everton, wouldn't buy me football boots and never came to watch me play for the school, where at 16, I was playing for the first team.

Anyway, that was my Dad's loss, he could have come to Goodison with me. Once a blue, always a blue. NSNO.
This is a really sad story.

I represented the Blues (among others) on a TV show in the 80s as a fat pretentious bellend of a 12-year-old....

I think -- no, I KNOW -- my grandfather (from whom I inherited the love for Everton) and my father (he was a supporter as well, just not as much of a zealot as I am) -- would come back from the dead and haunt me mercilessly if I EVER thought of following another British team (apart from Marine, for whom my granddad played).
(Actually, I also cheer for Sturm Graz, but my mother's from that city and dad was OK with that.)

That reminded me of this. I was watching it on the TV at my brother's house

When that goal went in I accidentally punched the light shade clean off the ceiling.
Sorry. Bit off topic.

Thanks for the reminder mate
I had moved over to South Africa watched the game on the telly with the inlaws brother inlaw being a Red s supporter goes without saying he got loads of stick from yours truely
:drunk:

I've never waivered, even when we sold Ball or through the Walker wilderness of 40 days and nights I kept my faith. I did however allow myself a second team, it was Chelsea in the early 1970s no issues with buying another kit and they just seemed a very cool side. My RS cousin had Palace, what a bell
Me too as a 2ND team mind you
something about Chelsea in the late 60 ; 70s that I liked , the 70 FInal was a classic

Status
Not open for further replies.