Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Forgiving players....

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've recently warmed to the idea of rooney coming back. as little as a year ago, i felt the same as brennan, but i realised he didn't mean it, he was just trying to act hard/like a [Poor language removed]. Think he should have to apologise for it if he ever came back. he's a born blue and would try 100% every time he puts our shirt on.

can't seem to bring myself to forgive lescott though - i wouldn't want him back tbh, then again, i've never rated him as high as many. i think our current CB's are better than him, just thought his goals made him seem better than he was/is.

Can't remember.

And I have to disagree, if you play for Everton (and you're Evertons most influential/creative player) you don't refuse to play against our biggest rivals... at their ground!

of course but you don't know what was going on with the guy; could have had some serious personal issues, or depression et al

I'm sure we would all welcome Rooney back if he stepped out onto the pitch and started scoring, I know I would and I Don't easily forgive. I don't think I could ever blame a player leaving for money I know I would, and yeah there are morals and the whole stay loyal to your club malarkey but hes pretty much set himself and his family up for life, fair play to him.

Perhaps it is because I am physically far away, or perhaps I have grown up, but I don't really get all this hatred for ex players. Rooney kissed a piece of fabric, Lescott went to a better paid job. I don't think either of them have done anything that they need forgiveness for.

Pienaar situation annoyed me and i still have not fully forgiven him, I don't think he's been worth the 5m and the wage rise he's been on since he's got back.

Two greedy bastards, there's only two greedy bastards. I don't blame Rooney and Lescott for leaving but i do blame them for leaving in a shady way. Rooney owed us another coupla seasons, Lescott owed us less but still came across as a greedy tosser.

Wouldn't want either back.

Why do they owe us anything? I never understood that logic.

It's more about respect. If a player, say Fellaini, came out tomorrow and said "I believe I'm good enough to play for Madrid and win a ton of ****, therefore although I love Everton and the fans I'd like to move". I think a lot of people would be more ok with it rather than handing in a transfer request without public comment and either refusing to play or playing turd.

I agree with not wanting Rooney back, what he did when he kissed the badge was tantamount to murder. I mean so what if he was an 18 year old lad and was getting vile abuse from thousands of fans of the club he'd supported since he was a boy, he should have known better, after all he was 18 at which age most lads are completely grown up. It's a joke really, he should be sent down for life. He kissed United's badge, it probably just pips Mugabe's actions in Zimbabwe in terms of disgrace.

You really are a melt.

Rooney gave us belief again, and cruelly ripped out our hearts, right at the time we needed him the most, right in front of us.

Lescott I get, but he did it to the detriment of the teams performance, at the wrong time.

Pienaar, well he saw the error of his ways and came back, but I have no love for him anymore.

All driven by money rather than sense.

Rooney's the one I'll never forgive. Supposed to understand what playing for Everton was supposed to mean re: T-shirt antics. Then comes back to Goodison and frequently gives us ****e and tries to wind us up. Talk about pissing on your own. The age doesn't really matter to me. In fact it strengthens the argument that he could have given us at least another year. At that age I would never have done what he did. Other players have treated the club badly, but he targeted the fans. For that he can **** off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back