Formula 1 - 2023 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laughing at Alonso’s podium getting reinstated. What a joke.

F1 died on 12th December 2021. It’s hard to get even remotely excited for it these days.
No, thats a silly take. Would you rather the FIA double down on a wrong decision? I am much happier they admitted they got it wrong and rectified it. Obviously it would be better if the got it right first time, but we shouldn't be on them for correcting their own wrong actions

Yeah, you get a lot more side by side racing because of the slower speeds though.

General rule of thumb is the slower the car the closer/better the racing.

I rarely watch it these days, but back in the late 80s and 90s I loved the British Touring Cars Championships (BTCC) for this very reason.

We had many great days out at the likes of Oulton Park, Donington (Donny) and many other places to watch great racing.

I was actually at Oulton Park back in 1996 and was watching from Knickerbrook when I saw the Volvo crash as shown in this video. Pretty sure a F4 driver died too.

I rarely watch it these days, but back in the late 80s and 90s I loved the British Touring Cars Championships (BTCC) for this very reason.

We had many great days out at the likes of Oulton Park, Donington (Donny) and many other places to watch great racing.

I was actually at Oulton Park back in 1996 and was watching from Knickerbrook when I saw the Volvo crash as shown in this video. Pretty sure a F4 driver died too.

Did they have the chicane preceding Knickerbook back in 96 ? Back in ye day it had no chicane before it and was dangerous as hell

Speaking of BTCC

'im going for first says jon cleland'. Good old Murray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back