• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Foxtel loses EPL to Optus

Status
Not open for further replies.
In bits here. Just hope they get the rest of that new Attenborough documentary series out before the end times come.

We'll just have to wait and see, pop any news up here if you hear it first.

Be glad to get rid of Fox.
As per other posts, nothing official but it seems as if it will be delivered via Fetch TV which is an IPTV service. So, no reliance on Foxtel cable but you'd need to have a decent broadband service (roll on the NBN). Also Fetch TV seems to be tied to certain ISPs (eg Optus, iIINET, Internode and others). You can can get for other ISPs but it is dearer and downloads are metered. Then the all important question is how much the new package will cost. Fetch TV basic is $10/$15 per months and offers additional packages including BEIN for $19.95 p/m. My "wet finger in the air" guess would be $29.95 p/m for BPL?

Not happy with this. Fox Sports is good as it is basically a one stop shop for all the sports I want to watch EPL, AFL, A-League, F1 etc. So now I would have to buy a FetchTV box for another monthly fee. TV is getting ridiculous with all these different boxes and subscriptions.

Not happy with this. Fox Sports is good as it is basically a one stop shop for all the sports I want to watch EPL, AFL, A-League, F1 etc. So now I would have to buy a FetchTV box for another monthly fee. TV is getting ridiculous with all these different boxes and subscriptions.

Fetch TV looks awful.

I switched from Optus to Foxtel a few years ago for IQ. The programmes were pretty much exactly the same and I suppose
they still are. Are they? Does Optus have IQ, or similar yet?

I'll see how it works when it happens and switch to whatever is needed. If it's as simple as switching back to Optus there
won't be a problem.

I just hope you don't have to have your internet or phone thru Optus to watch it.

I like Foxsports Epl on Demand for $89 a season without any strings attached.

Oz have no idea about nz

I hear it's all the PL action you can get in NZ, hobson's choice. However since foxtels rights will go I will hold up making any decision intil I see Optus's no doubt just as exorbitant as foxtel charges.

and why oh why do all of them make you buy a landline, tpg. iinet, optus, Telstra. No body I know and I'm not the hipster I seem, though that might come as a surprise, nobody I know uses a landline except for telemarketers

Not holding my breath for a whole new deal...in my favour.

Let's all calm down. Optus can't afford to pay all that money for the rights I would think without on selling the EPL back to foxtel. Wait and see.

Got to love living in Canada when it comes to this. Eight of this weekend's fixtures are being shown live on either Sportsnet or TSN, our two sports networks. Only Leicester-Watford and Norwich-Swansea aren't on the tube.

Got to love living in Canada when it comes to this. Eight of this weekend's fixtures are being shown live on either Sportsnet or TSN, our two sports networks. Only Leicester-Watford and Norwich-Swansea aren't on the tube.

Mate we currently have all 380 games a season live.

But it just takes one decision from Murdoch's clown show to change that.

Don't think it can't happen in Canada.

Anybody know wtf's going on with this...really want to stick it to the foxtel man.

But if all Optus are going to do is put it on FetchTV ( like I need another set top box ) which is iffy if you live any distance from the exchange and their other programs are poor or give me an app for a tablet they can do one.

well what do you want?

decent feed
no spoilers
less rs in the studio
recordable or on demand
less cost than foxtel by a long way

not much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back