• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Foxtel loses EPL to Optus

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's that mate?
I have foxtel. Can't believe I have just lost the epl.
Regarding Optus, if it's going to be only Optus Broadband customers they will lose money. and ruin the game here in Australia.

Without being contracted to Foxtel, you could pay a one-off $89 for a season pass to EPL on Demand.

It allowed you to stream 4 live games a round and watch the other 6 on demand a day after they were played via a website.

This is total crap. I have Foxtel for other things as well like AFl, A-League and kids tv for son and maybe some stuff my wife likes to watch. Fetch does not sound like much. Now the other problem I see is watching the FA Cup and any european football. What if we win the FA cup and get into Europa league. Then you would have to have optus and foxtel. FA cup will probably still be on ESPN so would still need Foxtel for that.

No wonder people illegally stream football if you need to pay for each different platform to watch your team. This not including needing Foxtel, Netflix, Presto Stan etc to watch tv shows. People are getting fleeced to watch tv these days and we are letting it happen.

This is total crap. I have Foxtel for other things as well like AFl, A-League and kids tv for son and maybe some stuff my wife likes to watch. Fetch does not sound like much. Now the other problem I see is watching the FA Cup and any european football. What if we win the FA cup and get into Europa league. Then you would have to have optus and foxtel. FA cup will probably still be on ESPN so would still need Foxtel for that.

No wonder people illegally stream football if you need to pay for each different platform to watch your team. This not including needing Foxtel, Netflix, Presto Stan etc to watch tv shows. People are getting fleeced to watch tv these days and we are letting it happen.
Agree mate. Absolute rubbish for us Foxtel customers stuck in contract.
The Europa is on Bein Sports isn't it? You can get that through Foxtel.

Fetch TV will have to be the go unfortunately it seems. But if it isn't top HD quality on your TV then that is pathetic.

Just reading some of the conversation over at whirlpool. They seem to think there will be many options available to watch epl. Even for non Optus customers or those with no, or slow, internet.
Optus Satellite was mentioned. Whatever that entails.
Real poor of Foxtel not to strike any deal.

Just reading some of the conversation over at whirlpool. They seem to think there will be many options available to watch epl. Even for non Optus customers or those with no, or slow, internet.
Optus Satellite was mentioned. Whatever that entails.
Real poor of Foxtel not to strike any deal.

It would be perfect if they made an online streaming season pass, that you could buy as a one-off every season.

I'm in the rather watch Footy on the Telly camp as I'm too old to be hunkered over the computer at 2 in the morning fuming over streams.

I've told Mrs Mcb Foxtel is on it's way into the bin, cue "You only want to watch you want to watch and don't care about my TV ..etc"

Thanks alot TV. I'm sure the answer will present itself over the next 5 months, but it's been good to watch our cup run on ESPN for a change.

Folks some news. I kid you not, I just received an email to complete a survey from Telstra/Foxtel. I normally just delete them but for some reason I went ahead.
They are looking at introducing new passes. One was a Sports Pass which INCLUDES EPL I think? See below...

Capture.webp

I switched a few months ago to Optus and FetchTV (in preparation for next season). And with the entertainment package you get ESPN & ESPN2 and you can also subscribe to BEIn sport ($10pm) via FetchTV

So if all that stays as is, it "could" all be in one box... Apart from AFL and some other select Foxtel channels...

I'm holding out for the ability to record ANY game and not just the main game!

Without being contracted to Foxtel, you could pay a one-off $89 for a season pass to EPL on Demand.

It allowed you to stream 4 live games a round and watch the other 6 on demand a day after they were played via a website.

where do I sign, better than $50 per month for sky sports.

But!

They're all operating on an well outdated assumption of customer requirements...If I can't, record/save it to watch when I want, not when they want, well it's not worth a carrot.
CBA with 0130am start.
Optus fetch TV is gash too

I think/fear they will sub lease it to foxtel, who will put it in their sports package as an 'extra' = back to square 1 +$12.99

Last edited:
where do I sign, better than $50 per month for sky sports.

But!

They're all operating on an well outdated assumption of customer requirements...If I can't, record/save it to watch when I want, not when they want, well it's not worth a carrot.
CBA with 0130am start.
Optus fetch TV is gash too

I think/fear they will sub lease it to foxtel, who will put it in their sports package as an 'extra' = back to square 1 +$12.99

I can't see them doing that. Their main competitor has a major stake (50% I think) in Foxtel, no way will they be handing them anything other than scraps, and even then it will be week old stuff. Just need a few more of the desirable family/wife channels to appear on fetch and then Foxtel is gone.

If Optus/fetch allow you to record any game, then I'll be happy with that...

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back