Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't have been tolerated righting a name of his ilk on our sacred Goodison park in the 80s let me tell you that.

Lampard coming in, bringing Morris as his assistant with the remit of supervising the academy and Cahill coming in as a Sporting Director we may actually have a chance to stop this terminal decline.

Don't think Morris would join him. Wants a manager job.

The comeback is that he failed at Derby and failed at Chelsea.

It isn't football manager where we can hit reset.

We are risking our future on Lampard putting his failures behind him and suddenly becoming a successful manager. The biggest thing though is that he was part of a Chelsea dressing room that continually turned on managers.

That is not the kind of trait you want in the trenches.
Instead, he’ll join a club whose fan base constantly turn on managers

It’s a nothing concern really btw

I fail to see your point.

I criticised Ancelotti but stated he needed another season ultimately.

I criticised Benitez and again maintained he shouldn't be judged after half a season.

I'll no doubt criticise the next manager but once again I cant judge after 6 months of them in the job.

Posts like yours and Malfosse's come across to me as attempts at trying to bury your own guilt in regards to how you behaved over the former manager.

If Vitor Pereira gets the job next I hope you dont leave bed sheets outside Goodison telling him to eff off. :Blink:
I have zero guilt about benitez. He should have been sacked months early. He never should have had the job in the first place.

I've already stated several times, that while neither would be my first choice, either will be better than what we have just had, so just get one of them in.

If its anyone else, they I'll still be better than why we have just had. Can't really get much worse than 10 losses from 13 or whatever it was.

Also, your stance om ancelotti was that we wouldn't sack him, because we couldn't afford to financially, it's hardly backing him.

I fail to see what that supposedly shows? you can question a manager without calling them fat, pig, scum, smearing "GET OOT" on a bedsheet and demanding their head.

And thanks for highlighting I was critical of Benitez in that post which strangely many on here act like I never questioned him once as a manager :coffee:
Just take your slap down like a man.

What concerns me most about Lampard is the defensive side. Chelsea had a very soft centre and shipped plenty of goals that he didn’t seem to have a clue how to stop. Tuchel came in and immediately made them far more disciplined and tightened them up from the get go. I’ve seen a lot of comments from Derby fans over the last few days complaining of the exact same thing.

Given our obvious defensive frailties this season, this makes me extremely uneasy. Even Benitez who is known for being a good defensive coach couldn’t get our lot to stop shipping goals. Dunno if I can be @rsed going through another Martinez situation yet again

Fans of every club get annoyed when the football is crap. Go on any team's forum when their team is struggling and the majority will want the manager sacked. We need to stop thinking this is unique to Everton.
We also need to stop turning on managers before they join to be honest ?

Of all the options we have apparently spoken to. Lampard is (for me) the pick of the bunch.

Why others haven't been Interviewed is a bit of a mystery, but there ya go.

Whoever comes in, it should be a manager we're comfortable keeping even if we drop down. That 100% isn't Vitor.

We also need to stop turning on managers before they join to be honest ?

Of all the options we have apparently spoken to. Lampard is (for me) the pick of the bunch.

Why others haven't been Interviewed is a bit of a mystery, but there ya go.

Whoever comes in, it should be a manager we're comfortable keeping even if we drop down. That 100% isn't Vitor.
Agree we have got to pick, back and stick now.

On the flip side, his teams seemed to look decent to watch and scored goals, and you‘d be pretty confident that he’d give more opportunities to the talented youngsters we have that others have tended to avoid.

He‘s also young enough to not write off as a poor/average manager. Very very few hit the heights of success in their first few jobs whilst they’re learning and there’s plenty of examples who started slowly and then matured in to excellent coaches, so you just never know.

Plusses and minuses.

But what on earth has lampard got that would make him any better??

I dont agree, i think we showed much more fight in the game at weekend, and dunc only had they for 2 days….its a bit harsh really.
The guys Chelsea team conceded goals like a sieve, what’s not to like? I think this is a weird social media driven popularity contest which is an awful way to find a new manager

I keep reading that we're known for turning on our managers but in all cases in the last 7 years every manager has deserved all the criticism thrown at them because they've all been found to be inept in a number of different ways from inability to set up a defence, to not playing enough youth through unbelievable optimism and stubborn arrogance. All managers except ancelloti who left for a better gig deserved all of the criticism (and after his last half season he didn't have long before he was going to be called out). My basic point is we as a fanbase have not turned on managers unecessarily and if we see a manager who can change a team to cover for obvious deficiencies we will support them and more importantly will be supported from the start of their career here. This might change in the case of Pereira after the SSN meltdown.

It wouldn't have been tolerated righting a name of his ilk on our sacred Goodison park in the 80s let me tell you that.
Would it have been tolerated hiring paisley, shankley or Dalglish in the 80s in the same way we just hired benitez and many, not only tolerated, but made claims we were lucky to have him and how amazing he is?

Makes no odds what would or wouldn't have happened in the 80s, we need a manager who will get us some results, and if Lampard can do that, then so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.