2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marsch believes his players can take inspiration from historical and sporting figures and quoted Gandhi to them before Sunday’s defeat at Arsenal. Pacifist Gandhi may seem a strange choice to motivate Leeds, and his words are hardly Churchillan, but history graduate Marsch felt his quote about self-belief was apt.

The father of Indian independence said: “If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it, even if I may not have it at the beginning.” Marsch read out this saying to his players in the dressing room before they went out to face Arsenal in an attempt to make them believe more.

The Leeds head coach explained: “I use so many figures. I’ve used Muhammad Ali a few times, Michael Jordan is a guy I’m inspired by, Phil Jackson, I would start dating myself if I went back to Vince Lombardi! In the past I have gone back to the 1998 France football team, the 2008 Road to Redemption gold medal basketball team. I love basketball culture, the way they combine university graduates with inner-city kids. There are also historical figures like Gandhi, Mother Teresa, presidents like JFK who have meant something to where we are in the world.

“I have 52 excerpts of books that I sometimes give players when I want to reach them and then hundreds of quotes. I love quotes, I love learning from people of the past, sports figures, historical figures, whoever. The key is learning which messages to use at the right time. Here we are in the stress of relegation, trying to stay strong in our commitment, just trying to find ways to motivate our collective mentality.”
They're footballers... Patrick Bamford might understand what the hell he's talking about, but I'm sure the others are struggling to keep their eyes open.

Marsch believes his players can take inspiration from historical and sporting figures and quoted Gandhi to them before Sunday’s defeat at Arsenal. Pacifist Gandhi may seem a strange choice to motivate Leeds, and his words are hardly Churchillan, but history graduate Marsch felt his quote about self-belief was apt.

The father of Indian independence said: “If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it, even if I may not have it at the beginning.” Marsch read out this saying to his players in the dressing room before they went out to face Arsenal in an attempt to make them believe more.

The Leeds head coach explained: “I use so many figures. I’ve used Muhammad Ali a few times, Michael Jordan is a guy I’m inspired by, Phil Jackson, I would start dating myself if I went back to Vince Lombardi! In the past I have gone back to the 1998 France football team, the 2008 Road to Redemption gold medal basketball team. I love basketball culture, the way they combine university graduates with inner-city kids. There are also historical figures like Gandhi, Mother Teresa, presidents like JFK who have meant something to where we are in the world.

“I have 52 excerpts of books that I sometimes give players when I want to reach them and then hundreds of quotes. I love quotes, I love learning from people of the past, sports figures, historical figures, whoever. The key is learning which messages to use at the right time. Here we are in the stress of relegation, trying to stay strong in our commitment, just trying to find ways to motivate our collective mentality.”

The fella is the ultimate stereotype, what an absolute cringe lord.

I watched them play really well away at Leicester in his first game (albeit they lost) and I thought they would definitely be staying up.

Then I saw him do a huddle in the middle of the pitch afterwards and even Phil Brown would have cringed himself to death. I swiftly changed my mind.

while cringe, blobbo probably made all the players buy his book and read excerpts about his exploits lol
51FPvIZukmL._SX421_BO1,204,203,200_.webp

Manuel in Fawlty Towers.........." I learn it from a book" lol
lol

Seen a few took over 16th finished celebrating 16th digs at him from fans of other clubs. Really doesnt tell the story. I dont think the majority of Everton fans are kidding themselves anymore,or at least shouldnt.
We've got 1 main centre forward who's hardly played. A midfield that cant boss any games. I spent 5 mins earlier checking the stats of possession in games and even i was staggered to find we only had greater possession of the ball in 2 games out of 37 this season. Watford away and burnley at home. And even they were really close both 52% to 48%. Thats sometimes fine if you are a slick counter attacking side with pace. Which of course we're not.
If we dont manage to sort of this midfield we're going to have issues again.
He got the team grafting and digging in after a few games when i think the penny dropped that he hasnt got the personel here. He bigged them up but that was for the cameras.
I think he's done a good job considering what he has at his disposal. I sometimes read in the media about Everton players and squad and think do you ever bleedin watch Everton to make comments like you do. Clearly not.
We need upgrading the midfield. That has to be priority first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back