2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt take long for the Jaffa boy asslickers to start sharpening the knives for Frank.

Disgusting really.

Simply the worst of us. Ashamed to have them associated with our club. Frank has the support of the true fans thankfully.

You can see the desire to rewrite history as well

Going to see that a lot this season

Benitez's time as manager will become better and better with every passing day

"Benitez would have been a great manager if not for our horrible fanbase who never gave him a chance", ignoring that most of us did of course, we just didn't worship enough for their liking

Lampard's ability to get the supporters as engaged as they were in the closing months of the season after Benitez had broken us was a genuine achievement on his part. Dare I say, it mirrored Moyes when he first came in and so many of us had given up after things had gotten so bad under Walter

Lampard also got the players running and showing far more commitment, and Goodison will always back teams who try to fight and compete.

I think it was the most significant factor. Even in the games we lost under Frank, there was an evident abundance of effort where there wasn't really before. Crowds respond to that

Last edited:
I think it's telling that Lampard, someone from down south with no Merseyside connection, understood far more how to connect with and set up a positive rapport with the Everton supporters than Benitez, someone who has lived in the City for years, did

Lampard seems to understand the importance of reaching across the aisle and getting the supporters onside

Benitez was either too arrogant or just too plain stupid to realise similar

When you're going to a club where the supporters have a predisposition to not liking you then you need to work extra hard to get them onside. Benitez didn't even try, and thus he was the architect of his own demise
He alienated the players, the DoF and the fans from the off. He was so detached from every aspect of the club the only way he would survive was to get results consistently, which recent history tells everyone he isnt/wasnt capable of that.

You would think he was run out the club because of his Liverpool connections, he wasn't he was run out because he's not very good at his job and hasn't been for over a decade.

One or two games longer waiting to sack him and we could be looking at a different Everton future today.
If he was sacked when he should of been around Christmas time then we wouldn't of had to endure that end of season nightmare we faced.

He alienated the players, the DoF and the fans from the off. He was so detached from every aspect of the club the only way he would survive was to get results consistently, which recent history tells everyone he isnt/wasnt capable of that.

You would think he was run out the club because of his Liverpool connections, he wasn't he was run out because he's not very good at his job and hasn't been for over a decade.

One or two games longer waiting to sack him and we could be looking at a different Everton future today.
If he was sacked when he should of been around Christmas time then we wouldn't of had to endure that end of season nightmare we faced.

Should have gone after the Derby in retrospect

Everyone has 20/20 hindsight though

Even before Frankel took the job on I said for me him, Rooney & Slippy G are hyped up based on their playing days rather than their CV'S as managers.

I hope he does well here but fans need to wait until he achieves something before putting him on such a high pedestal that'll only break their hearts if it doesn't work out here.

Personally feel like Moshers caved in to fan demand rather than punting on a more proven manager like Kovac - European managers are vastly better than their English counterparts.
I’d say playoffs on your first season, then a top 4 and getting into the champions league with no transfers, and getting to an fa cup final are fairly decent in your first few years. Probably more than a lot of our previous managers had done.

You can see the desire to rewrite history as well

Going to see that a lot this season

Benitez's time as manager will become better and better with every passing day

"Benitez would have been a great manager if not for our horrible fanbase who never gave him a chance", ignoring that most of us did of course, we just didn't worship enough for their liking

Lampard's ability to get the supporters as engaged as they were in the closing months of the season after Benitez had broken us was a genuine achievement on his part. Dare I say, it mirrored Moyes when he first came in and so many of us had given up after things had gotten so bad under Walter
Or the very plain simple fact that the majority of fans knew Benitez was the wrong appointment for a myriad of reasons.

The few that thought it a good idea are either idiots or WUM's.

We all knew how it would end.

I think it was most significant factor. Even in the games we lost under Frank, there was an evident abundance of effort where there wasn't really before. Crowds respond to that
Spot on.

Forget about formations/tactics the point you made gets you quite a few points over the course of the season when your not playing well or are just not as good as the team your facing, in fact its arguable that's what kept us up.

Or the very plain simple fact that the majority of fans knew Benitez was the wrong appointment for a myriad of reasons.

The few that thought it a good idea are either idiots or WUM's.

We all knew how it would end.

I argue he had a chance of making it work but it would have involved him really committing to establishing a positive relationship with the supporters early doors, which he was never going to do

Even if the football wasn't great, if he'd had us rocking like Lampard did then he would have always had a chance of pulling it back and saving his job with some big results

He didn't though, so it's a moo point

in to lower the wage He was brought in to win football matches, and other than in August, he couldn't do that, and he failed miserably.
Well every manager is brought in to win matches obviously, he was also brought in to lower the wage bill, given next to nothing to buy players at the start of the season and God knows who bought and sought the players in January, ultimately Benitez failed but he never made any where near the mistakes made by the players, the same players who made unenforced errors for a few managers before Benitez and a few more under Lampard especially away from home, a poor squad who proved how poor they were in many of the thirty eight league games.

Spot on.

Forget about formations/tactics the point you made gets you quite a few points over the course of the season when your not playing well or are just not as good as the team your facing, in fact its arguable that's what kept us up.

At our heart we're quite an easy fanbase to please really

Just work bloody hard and show us you care

Lampard seemed to clock that right from the off and got the players to respond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back