2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure he needs a chance, let’s see if he takes it, to be fair he’s got a huge and difficult job on his hands and little money to bring new players in so bear that in mind.

One thing I don’t agree with, I don’t think he galvanised the fan base , we the fans, especially the younger ones who haven’t seen seen Everton win a sausage since they started watching Everton, got together and made sure the players knew our feelings about the club we love and roared them on to the victories that kept us in the premier league, some of the scenes of pure joy and relief after that win versus Crystal Palace will stay with me forever.an old man who danced with joy when that final whistle went then struggled to walk to the Taxi Club for my lift home.
Would the fan base have done the same with Benitez, I doubt it as I think him being there would have kept a a lot of negative energy around the place.

While Lampard may not have been the reason for the fans to come together, his personality definitely made it a lot easier for the fans to do so.

Would the fan base have done the same with Benitez, I doubt it as I think him being there would have kept a a lot of negative energy around the place.

While Lampard may not have been the reason for the fans to come together, his personality definitely made it a lot easier for the fans to do so.
Anyone other than Benitez would have made it a lot easier for the fans to act like they did, but I doubt any of the fans who roused up together gave a thought to who the manager was in those last few games, I know I didn’t nor did I give a thought to Kenwright or any other members of the board I just went to the games because my club was sinking and it needed support desperately and that support was proved to be of immense value, I never thought for a second about Franks personality that’s for sure as likeable as it may be, I thought about Everton going down and that was enough for most of us to get behind the team.

Lets be honest it will take more than Franks personality to keep us up next season, that’s not Franks fault it’s because of the neglect the club has been immersed in for a long time.

Do you have a link? I have no idea where I saw it. No combination of words I can muster is bringing it up on Twitter.

Nah just saw it scrolling through fb this morning. Had to double check it wasnt tosun as his hair looked thinner than alphabetti spaghetti.

Nah just saw it scrolling through fb this morning. Had to double check it wasnt tosun as his hair looked thinner than alphabetti spaghetti.
This pic ?
Screenshot_20220621-001554_Twitter.jpg

Get us a cup and/or in Europe in 3-4 seasons + a bunch of young players (inc local lads)and see us incely into the new stadium.

By that time he'll have been slagged off to sh1t, burgled and be wholly ready and equipped for the England job.

Status
Not open for further replies.