2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree we need to stick with Lampard, Hassenhutl is a perfect example of giving a manager time, look at southampton now, he has them playing great.

BUT, this argument is not correct for Benitez, he should never have been given the job in the first place - there was clear discontent at the club with him there, he should definitely have been sacked.
Bingo.

There are other examples too.

We used to be like that. Not any more.

So Frank's remit is to avoid relegation. Rafael's remit was to finish top 8. Double standards here.

Frank has 1 in 3 in the league, it will likely be 1 in 4 soon, he has the easiest FA Cup draw, then we have difficult matches in Spurs and Wolves..

I can easily see Frank going 1 in 8 and relegated.
Are you actually okay mate? you're pure parody at this point lol

He doesn't. His game plan and management was shockingly poor as it was at his previous 2 club's but he was given less grief cos their fans were in awe of him.
At Newcastle (which is what Moshiri bought into) he got them back on track and stabilised. It was a poisoned chalice and he did make a difference over 3 seasons.

Yeah, I'm sure a manager who got the DoF binned because he didn't want to work with him, forced out (at least) one of our best players for questioning him, and had the entire medical department sacked was DEFINITELY ok with two players being brought in without his sanction.

We will never know what went down. Brands hadn't said anything since leaving and Rafael was asked about his time at Everton a couple of days ago and said he doesn't wish to speak about it.

So who knows.

So let me get this right.

Rafael took over Newcastle in 19th place. Had 11 games to save them. A great many of you on here took pride in saying that Rafael relegated Newcastle.

Rafael left us in 16th place. Lampard has 15 games, if we go down it's Rafas fault.
I'm not one of the ones that said that about him though am I? I also said it's the boards fault for not sacking a man sooner when most could see the sinking ship before Christmas. There was nothing good that he was doing on the pitch, there were no improvements to be seen only regression.

At Newcastle he took over a team in 19th, 1 point from safety with 10 games to go, 30 points to play for. It's not like it was impossible to stay up. I'll admit though it's a trickier position than he left us in but the fact remains he still left us in this position and was given time to sort it, half a season in fact.

Lampard should keep us up imo, yes, but it's the boards fault for not pulling the trigger earlier on Benitez if he somehow doesn't manage it.

Bingo.

There are other examples too.

We used to be like that. Not any more.
Unfortunately, Premier League teams often learn things the hard way and go through cycles, the most recent of years being sacking managers for instant results, I believe we will enter a period of giving managers time, unless something is really terribly bad. Its not sustainable in so many ways to keep sacking managers

Unfortunately, Premier League teams often learn things the hard way and go through cycles, the most recent of years being sacking managers for instant results, I believe we will enter a period of giving managers time, unless something is really terribly bad. Its not sustainable in so many ways to keep sacking managers

The problem is that things have been terribly bad 3 times.

Koeman left us in the bottom 3. Silva left us in the bottom 3. Benitez went 1 win in 14. I don't see how people can disagree those sackings weren't merited.

We need to give Lampard as much time as possible. But football doesn't work like that. I don't agree with it, but if we go down then he will be sacked.

Koeman left us in the bottom 3. Silva left us in the bottom 3. Benitez went 1 win in 14. I don't see how people can disagree those sackings weren't merited.

We need to give Lampard as much time as possible. But football doesn't work like that. I don't agree with it, but if we go down then he will be sacked.
Absolutely. They should never have been appointed in the first place, Koeman apparently had some serious issues going on with himself but didn't do much better at Barca either.

Personally, unless we start getting hammered every game, if we improve (albeit slightly) and still go down I'd be prepared to stick with Lampard. It's got to the point now where we won't be touched with a bargepole by any half decent manager in any case.

Personally, unless we start getting hammered every game, if we improve (albeit slightly) and still go down I'd be prepared to stick with Lampard. It's got to the point now where we won't be touched with a bargepole by any half decent manager in any case.
So would I

But I don't think that's realistic. A manager who takes down Everton isn't going to survive IMO

Franks in one horrible mess and it's not his doing.

His boyhood smile had deserted him after Saturdays cave in and he looked very shell shocked.
When he was saying "I've tried to be nice with them, I've tried to give them confidence", then basically saying that never worked and now it's time for change were words he really meant, you could see it. The atmosphere will stink at Finch Farm today you'd expect.

So what does he do to change things if it's impossible to instill belief in this bunch?

Does he go all out for change, bringing in Patterson, Branthwaite, Dobbin etc? If we go down after he did that he'd get it right in the neck.

Does he continue as is? He'll get stick for that too.
Just hoping the return of Doucoure and Gray is the catalyst here for the turn around, but he really has inherited a very poor team with an even poorer attitude. I've no idea what he does now to get performances out of them on a regular basis.

I hope we stay up and Lampard has many yesrs of success here, but all you say is quite true.

I disagree. The plan by Moshiri was to make us hard to beat with a manager like Benitez who had that reputation. It failed because Benitez with his associations offered the players a great excuse to down tools and do what they do best - give up without a fight.

Lampard is a big risk. I like the idea of him - but I wonder if he can handle it.

IMO we'd have been better employing a fire-fighter type like Allardcye at this point in time not when we actually did.

As always - Moshiri gets matters arse about face.
I was thinking recently, although I hate Sean Dyche, he might have been what we needed. But I hope Fronk will be given time and won't be either hounded out by the bedwetters or sacked prematurely by Moshiri after his first bad run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back