2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought it was the best XI he could pick. Holegate and Keane were woeful, Seamus poor JJK poor. Obviously Sons goal was a shocker from Pickford. He was badly let down

Hes the right long term manager regardless what happens. That doesn't mean he didn't set the team up completely wrong against a side that are brilliant at counter attacks, but very little else.

I think nearly everyone within the club is determined to give Lampard a proper chance over a couple of seasons. Sunday is already a huge game though. Lose that and things look exceptionally grim.

Posted this in the match thread but thought I’d share it here.
Not that anyones arsed.

This is always the risk when going for a manager like Lampard, and one I think most people recognised but were willing to get behind.

He’s a system manager, he wants to play football a certain way, and especially in the early days, the players are going to massively struggle at times.

The hope is, with enough time and some clever recruitment, the appointment will pay dividends further down the line.

Even if we get relegated, I’d rather us stick with him than chop and change manager every 6 months.

Worst thing he can do after seeing that is go 5 at the back. This shower of shyte can't defend no matter what.

The fans will play a massive part to try and get it over the line.

Honestly if we weren't up crap creek so much I'd start with Rondon and Tosun against Wolves and drop DCL and Rico

Not that anyones arsed.

This is always the risk when going for a manager like Lampard, and one I think most people recognised but were willing to get behind.

He’s a system manager, he wants to play football a certain way, and especially in the early days, the players are going to massively struggle at times.

The hope is, with enough time and some clever recruitment, the appointment will pay dividends further down the line.

Even if we get relegated, I’d rather us stick with him than

100%

Not that anyones arsed.

Even if we get relegated, I’d rather us stick with him than

This ain't good though. Any manager with an IQ higher than a goldfish knows you need to play a system to suit what you've got until you've got what you want to suit your preferred system.

This ain't good though. Any manager with an IQ higher than a goldfish knows you need to play a system to suit what you've got until you've got what you want to suit your preferred system.
Ideally, you need to play a system that gets results. But the thinking is, if you get the players working on the system day in, day out in training, they will inevitably get better at it. Theoretically anyway.
I know there isn’t a style of football on the planet that would make some of these look competent.

The system was crap tonight, totally wrong

Yet the first four goals were all down to errors that could have come about if the players were sat deep because they were just horrendous mistakes

And that scares me, because it means there's just tons of problems with whatever way we play

Not that anyones arsed.

Even if we get relegated, I’d rather us stick with him than chop and change manager every 6 months.
It’s similar to Howe. Took Newcastle a while to get into his way of playing…which makes the decision not to sack Benitez sooner more frustrating as we haven’t got time for this transition if we are going to stay up.

Ideally, you need to play a system that gets results. But the thinking is, if you get the players working on the system day in, day out in training, they will inevitably get better at it. Theoretically anyway.
I know there isn’t a style of football that would make some of these look competent.

The XI tonight I was fine with (bar Coleman through pure hatred) but the high line was not okay and not really playing 3 up top was also not okay.

He should know that entire back 4 hasn't got the pace or the cleverness to play a high line. We signed Keane off the back of looking impressive in the exact opposite system of that.

Can't blame Lampard for Keane being crap, Coleman not stopping crosses etc. but he should be blamed for asking them to play so high away from home.

The system was crap tonight, totally wrong

Yet the first four goals were all down to errors that could have come about if the players were sat deep because they were just horrendous mistakes

And that scares me, because it means there's just tons of problems with whatever way we play

There is but I suspect we'd be in less danger at the back with players not leaving much room behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back