2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ve played regularly over recent years.

Even when they’re not, the point is they’re not offering effective competition for anyone in the first team. DCL and Richarlison know no matter how poor they are that Tosun isn’t being picked ahead of them.

Same for Allan and Docuoure. They know that Delph Gbamin if they were ever fit aren’t good enough to dislodge them. Gray and Gordon probably feel the same about Iwobi.

Coleman knew he wasn’t being usurped by Kenny at any point. Mina knows he’s straight back in the moment he’s fit, same when Digne was here.

When we have to rely on them they don’t perform, when they’re not in the team they don’t offer competition.

They are the root of the problem at Everton. We can’t get rid of them because no one wants them but they’re preventing funds being made available for new players. As soon as there’s an injury (which there always is) they’re straight back in.
They're taking a wage and that's an issue, yes. They're absolutely not a 'core' of the squad though, and it's ridiculous to suggest they are. Three of the players you've mentioned have started one game between them all season.

It isnt....this is:

Coleman Keane Holgate Kenny

Well, no it isnt.

But you keep licking Colemans buttocks + abusing posters who want the team to win.

Its pathetic.
I’m not licking anyone’s arse, I want to the team to be a success at all cost, I just don’t aim needless vitriol and stamp my feet demanding sacking a player who knows within himself he probably shouldn’t still be first choice but still goes out and gives 100% for the club

I’m not licking anyone’s arse, I want to the team to be a success at all cost, I just don’t aim needless vitriol and stamp my feet demanding sacking a player who knows within himself he probably shouldn’t still be first choice but still goes out and gives 100% for the club

In a normal job, if an experienced individual in a position of leadership elects to berate their colleagues when they are the one at fault...

...put in inexcusable performances every week for months on end and displays a total lack of effort for 90% of their work...

Do they remain in a leadership position or do they get sacked?

He should have been sacked in October for consistently not only underperforming, lambasting everyone else for his own performances but also because he was walking/jogging when he should have been running.

One great game this season and the rest of them have been disgraceful.

If he had one iota of self respect or love for the club as he dines out on...then he'd speak with the manager and step back.

In a normal job, if an experienced individual in a position of leadership elects to berate their colleagues when they are the one at fault...

...put in inexcusable performances every week for months on end and displays a total lack of effort for 90% of their work...

Do they remain in a leadership position or do they get sacked?

He should have been sacked in October for consistently not only underperforming, lambasting everyone else for his own performances but also because he was walking/jogging when he should have been running.

One great game this season and the rest of them have been disgraceful.

If he had one iota of self respect or love for the club as he dines out on...then he'd speak with the manager and step back.
Name one club ever in the history of football that’s sacked a player for his legs going?

Disappointed that Lampard did not set us up to defend tightly - so much space between the lines for their forwards to play in.

One thing Ancelotti got right was we had that period, where we were solid defensively playing 4 center backs. It wasn't pretty, but it got the job done sometimes. I think its needed against the top teams.
One thing about that is we had a good run in empty stadiums. Would they have done so well Infront of thousands.

Another thing to think about, Is Frank, while obviously disappointed with the away performances, Is thinking the more we play like this will help us at home. Being on the front foot and going after teams.

Look how ancelotti struggled to get the team out of that defensive mind set at home.

Name one club ever in the history of football that’s sacked a player for his legs going?

I didnt say to "sack a player for his legs going" I said we should have sacked him in October due to the reasons I listed.

Not one of those were "his legs going".

He managed to put in a great performance the other week didnt he?

His legs werent "gone" then.

Would not blame him if he and his colleagues resigned rather than carry on with this mess.
Lampard has had two previous jobs. At Derby where his Uncle Harry was a consultant and Chelsea where he was a club legend. After Chelsea he was out of work for over a year. There is a reason for that. He isn't a very good manager.

Posters keep talking about him having poor defenders here at Everton. Well, he had some of the best defenders in Europe at Chelsea, but had an awful defensive record. There is a reason for that. He is a poor judge of defenders, he was picking Tomori and Zouma ahead of Rudiger for instance. The worst aspect though is his style of play. The top teams now play a high tempo, high pressing game in which they look to win the ball high up the pitch.

Lampard's answer is to have a slow, laboured short passing game that means you give the opposition the most opportunities to dispossess you. The game plan against Lampard's teams is simple, just drop off into a mid-block to allow us a chance to get our defenders high up the pitch and then just wait for the errors and cut through us on the transitions.

They're taking a wage and that's an issue, yes. They're absolutely not a 'core' of the squad though, and it's ridiculous to suggest they are. Three of the players you've mentioned have started one game between them all season.

I’m not just talking about this season!

We’ve been in the bottom three before under both Koeman and Silva. We’ve had periods of ‘relegation form’ under every single manager since Koeman including Ancelotti by the end.

Most of these players have constituted the squad during that time and what’s most worrying is that most of our ‘best’ players this Godfrey Doucoure VdB Gray with the exceptions of Richarlison and Mina, only arrived in recent windows.

So whilst I get your point that it’s not exactly the same group that has been here for five years under different managers, and yes some of them haven’t played much this season, the team sheet is still starting every single game with Pickford Coleman Keane Holgate (who have all been here for ages) and then Kenny is now playing who was also playing in 17/18.

The midfield three is different now they’re all fit yes but this is really the first time we’ve had Allan Doucoure VdB together for any period. Just before the start of last season it was Davies Gomes Siggurdson Delph Gbamin as options. Last season as soon as one of Allan and Docuoure got injured we were straight into these players. Gomes has played a lot this season when Doucoure was injured.

It’s been the same forward upfront for years ‘supported’ by Tosun. It’s no surprise that Gray and Gordon look our best players this season and even Rondon offers more than Tosun.

So I get your point but I just don’t agree that there isn’t a critical mass of players at this club who have been here for years and have failed under successive managers to either perform in the first team or offer a decent alternative off the bench.

That’s not to say we haven’t also recruited poorly on top of these players, we have as well, or that managers haven’t made mistakes in that period because they have.

I just don’t agree that we’ve moved huge numbers of players in and out and the end result has been the same with all of them. Not when the back 5 still reads exactly the same now as it could have done in 17/18.

If I had to sum it up I’d say we have a rotten base of poor players that I’ve listed above. We’ve then bought numerous players who are only slightly better than them under each new manager. These newer players are more prone to injury so we end up right back with the poorer types.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back