2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed mate. He's trying all kinds, if it doesn't work it doesn't work but he's trying.

Wolves are a well drilled side. We get spotted Monday, he was massively worried so decided to tighten it up. It didn't work but he gets my backing.

I've gone beyond caring about the board getting anything right even if they pulled the trigger. The squad is a joke, the board is a joke.

People talking about getting Allardyce in ffs should be embarrassed with a shout like that, yeah let's spend 20m sacking Lampard and his team, pay Allardyce 10m to try and keep us up (which he wouldn't do) and then pay him another 10m to sack him to go and pay Fulham 10m to rehire Silva.

He'll have learned another thing or two today, he's running out of games but I think he'll get it right at some point.

The minute we hired Benitez was the minute it shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone that we would be in with a shout of getting relegated. The fella is absolute poison.
The last thing we need is a manager learning on the job though. He should have made his mistakes at a lower level and should have his tactical approach and how he wants to play the game ironed out by now.

The last thing we need is a manager learning on the job though. He should have made his mistakes at a lower level and should have his tactical approach and how he wants to play the game ironed out by now.

I'm 99.9% sure he has a way how he wants to play.

The squad is a load of overpaid crap so that isn't happening anytime soon on a consistent basis.

Whatever happens from here on in, we stick with him and back him. If the players can't get up for a fight then on the positive side we'll get rid of 90% of them and start again..

There's players at Everton on or close to 100k a week whi wouldn't be getting half

He never got Derby promoted so would be a risk keeping him if we went down.

I would keep him if we stay up but unless we win the FA Cup I think we would have to part ways if we did go down.

Move heaven and earth for someone like Dyche and get some pride and work ethic back into this club/squad.

He’s not learning on the job, he knows how he wants to play, he just has a worse set of tools than both his Derby and Chelsea sides put together

I would keep him if we stay up but unless we win the FA Cup I think we would have to part ways if we did go down.

Move heaven and earth for someone like Dyche and get some pride and work ethic back into this club/squad.

Nah your alright FB.

The team selection today was baffling, we haven’t got a decent full back in the squad and yet start the game with three of them on the pitch. Kenny is an honest trier, but that’s all he offers and having him in a back three was truly bizarre. No real height in the team against a side like Wolves, so we were always going to be vulnerable to concede in the way we did. Not convinced at all by Lampard, I don’t remember him even getting a mention after Ancelotti left. He’s a totally unproven manager and it was always going to be a seriously risky appointment.

On Thursday Godfrey has to play left back and we need three in midfield (Allan, Doucoure and Alli).

You keep talking about ambition yet put forward the least definition of ambition as a managerial option

I'm 99.9% sure he has a way how he wants to play.

The squad is a load of overpaid crap so that isn't happening anytime soon on a consistent basis.
I’m 99.9% sure that the way he wants to play isn’t conducive to a team battling abusing relegation though….
I’m certain this season doesn’t end in relegation, but he’s only got a short time next season to prove himself whatever happens this year

The team selection today was baffling, we haven’t got a decent full back in the squad and yet start the game with three of them on the pitch. Kenny is an honest trier, but that’s all he offers and having him in a back three was truly bizarre. No real height in the team against a side like Wolves, so we were always going to be vulnerable to concede in the way we did. Not convinced at all by Lampard, I don’t remember him even getting a mention after Ancelotti left. He’s a totally unproven manager and it was always going to be a seriously risky appointment.

On Thursday Godfrey has to play left back and we need three in midfield (Allan, Doucoure and Alli).

I think our best formation at present is 4231

Pickford

Patterson
Keane
Branthwaite
Godfrey

Allan
Da Beek

Richarlison
Doucoure
Gray

DCL

Doucoure was awesome in an advanced position under Benitez making runs into the box - moving him further back doesn't work for me.

Can't keep blaming the manager because it's getting exausting hearing that from blues year after year. You can't play guidiola football with what we have so pep would have the same problems Frank has. Until we get shut of all the waste of money then the same crap players will keep playing crap for every manager we hire. How does anyone know that the players are being given an instruction and not following it because we have enough away game performances that suggest they don't.

Adaptability is an attribute that a manager needs to have in his locker....even more so when being given a job to do with no time to bring in suitable players, and little time to get the players he has got firing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back