2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously I'm hoping for two wins and two big performances in the next two games (we all know what hope does though) but regardless of the outcomes, I think Frank needs to use the upcoming international break to take the squad away and just work on building some team spirit and togetherness, as it seems we have precious little of that at the moment.

Doesn't even need to be warm weather training or whatever, just take them away working hard and let them have the arguments, sort out any off the pitch stuff and so start looking after each other on the pitch, like other teams do.

They can have their holidays to Ibiza, Disney world or wherever with their families once the season is over and were safe.

28 points from the 2nd half of last season mate. Ancelotti's worst run was 3 losses in a row, then 3 draws afterwards - followed by wins against Arsenal & West Ham. Not even remotely close to 1 win and 3 draws in 15 is it?

Ancelotti's Everton and Benitez's Everton are chalk and cheese. If we are to replicate Ancelotti's POOR FINISH of a season, we will need to get another 19 points - win 6 and draw 1 out of our remaining 10 fixtures. We complain about finishing 10th (same points as 9th place) under Ancelotti, yet we were 3 points off Europe. 3 points. 1 win. Only 8 points off Champion's League spots.

Whichever way you slice it, Benitez has gotten us into this mess. Yes Moshiri signed him, and he has partial blame on his shoulders, so does Brands/Koeman/Walsh/Allardyce blah blah blah.

Ancelotti showed that you can make a purse out of a sow's ear - Benitez however could not. His arrogance/ego/lack of talent permitted it. Our players are better than what they are showing on the pitch, regardless of what the Media and cry-arses on here say - they just lack the fight and confidence, thanks to being told for 2/3rd's of a season that the football is made from Asbestos so keep away from it.
Ancelotti was pragmatic, playing four CBs across the back and getting results, and was very close to overachieving with the squad. If our form at home had been a bit better we would have made Europe.

The loss of Digne, James and Sigurdsson for one reason or another can’t be underestimated. I was one of the latter’s harshest critics but he did provide some assists and one or two key goals. That creativity hasn’t been replaced and our main threats, DCL and Richarlison, have been affected by injury and lack of form. Overall I think the squad is now not as good as it was last season, and I imagine that can be put down to the previous manager and also the financial situation we found ourselves in. Selling James and Digne would have fine providing we replaced them with good players…..

We still have 36 points to play for and the management have seen most of the players on the field by now.

There is still plenty of points we can win and in our position winning would be wonderful but not losing would be acceptable.
We just need 9 in all likelihood.

31 points is going to be too much for Watford and Norwich with just 9 games left. Burnley will get f.a. out of a City team desperate to get all three points on Saturday, which would mean they have to get 11 points from their last 10 after that.

We were looking up, not down when we hired him, which is admirable. But he's not the type of manager we need for a relegation battle. It's like going for Glenn Hoddle when he was just starting out in management. Bad timing I fear.

We were looking up, not down when we hired him, which is admirable. But he's not the type of manager we need for a relegation battle. It's like going for Glenn Hoddle when he was just starting out in management. Bad timing I fear.
I mean that worked as he got Swindon promoted and done well enough at Chelsea to end up as England manager

We just need 9 in all likelihood.

31 points is going to be too much for Watford and Norwich with just 9 games left. Burnley will get f.a. out of a City team desperate to get all three points on Saturday, which would mean they have to get 11 points from their last 10 after that.

Looking at the remaining fixtures. I think we will be lucky to get 6 and even then I'm not confident.

28 points from the 2nd half of last season mate. Ancelotti's worst run was 3 losses in a row, then 3 draws afterwards - followed by wins against Arsenal & West Ham. Not even remotely close to 1 win and 3 draws in 15 is it?

Ancelotti's Everton and Benitez's Everton are chalk and cheese. If we are to replicate Ancelotti's POOR FINISH of a season, we will need to get another 19 points - win 6 and draw 1 out of our remaining 10 fixtures. We complain about finishing 10th (same points as 9th place) under Ancelotti, yet we were 3 points off Europe. 3 points. 1 win. Only 8 points off Champion's League spots.

Whichever way you slice it, Benitez has gotten us into this mess. Yes Moshiri signed him, and he has partial blame on his shoulders, so does Brands/Koeman/Walsh/Allardyce blah blah blah.

Ancelotti showed that you can make a purse out of a sow's ear - Benitez however could not. His arrogance/ego/lack of talent permitted it. Our players are better than what they are showing on the pitch, regardless of what the Media and cry-arses on here say - they just lack the fight and confidence, thanks to being told for 2/3rd's of a season that the football is made from Asbestos so keep away from it.
? Nail on head!

Status
Not open for further replies.